Founder & CEO at The Recruiters
Views:1879 Applications:311 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:292
Chief Financial Officer - Real Estate - CA (15-25 yrs)
We have an immediate opening with a Leading Real Estate Player
Position: Chief Financial Officer
Location : Gurgaon
Experience : CA with 15 to 25 Years
Compensation : 2 Cr.
IMPORTANT NOTE : WE NEED CANDIDATES FROM REAL ESTATE / INFRASTRUCTURE / CONTRACTING & PROJECTS SECTOR
The CFO is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining adequate financial plans, controls and systems to facilitate and support the management decisions.
In addition to managing and contributing effectively towards the development and execution of company's short term and long-term strategies, the CFO is also responsible for managing the cash flow of the operations. The CFO takes primary accountability to ensure that the company's business is run on a sound financial foundation and operations are not constrained in any way for want of short term or long-term finance.
The CFO is responsible for guiding the right kind of strategies and policies to ensure profitability of the venture and drive adequate controls. One of the key aspects of this role is to identify and mitigate financial risks and achieve efficiencies in how budgets are managed.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan the company's future direction and support strategic initiatives. Be an internal advisor to stakeholders on issues related to finance, accounting, treasury and taxation.
- Co-ordinate the long-term plans for the company, gauging the financial requirements implicit in these plans, and developing alternative ways in which the financial requirements can be satisfied.
- Decide on investment and expenditure strategies keeping cash and liquidity risks in mind.
- Direct and manage all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Develop and monitor reliable control systems.
- Supervise feasibility studies and due diligences for the organization.
Operational - Planning and Budgeting:
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital needs, facilities at the same time identifying monetary resources.
- Responsible for the financial aspects of all company transactions including real estate bids, contracts, and leases ensuring compliance with financial regulations and standards.
- Takes a proactive position in developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive project/job cost system.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Provide assumptions and procedures for budget planning.
- Monitor budget versus actual figures and work with budget administrators to develop strategies to maximize budget efficiencies and minimize costs.
- Control the cash flow position throughout the company, understand the sources and uses of cash, and maintain the integrity of funds and securities. Coordinate the long range plans of the company, assess the financial requirements implicit in these plans and raise funds accordingly.
Business Performance Review & Control:
- Analyze and interpret financial and operating performance regularly to the management and suggest course correction thereof.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities including cost reduction etc. and administer their implementation.
- Provide financial approvals and systems to ensure accurate and timely accounting to reflect the true picture of business health.
- Develop & employ forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analysis to provide insight into India's operations and business plans.
Funding & Risk Management:
- Analyze performance of the operations to maximize profits.
- Appraise the treasury budget so that there is sufficient availability of funds.
- Regulate the cash flow position throughout the company considering the sources and uses of cash, and maintaining the integrity of funds, securities and other valuable documentation.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and explore their findings and recommendations.
External Stakeholder Management:
- Provide compliance report for the function in order to ensure sharing of accurate information and accurate picture of the financial health of the organization.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with Banks and Financial Institutions, Fund Houses, Rating Agencies, Due Diligence Agencies (Legal, Technical, Valuation etc).
- Portray positive image of company at relevant forums & platforms.
- Ensure a working relationship with the auditors and follow through on the actions.
- Ensure tax planning and developing tax efficient structures to minimize tax liabilities for the company in line with policy changes, business objectives.
- Lead all Direct/Indirect Taxation matters of the company such as corporate Income Tax, Fringe Benefit Tax, Wealth Tax, Transfer Pricing, and GST, VAT, etc.
Finance & Accounting Systems and Processes:
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation for all the subsidiary companies.
- Ensure all subsidiary accounts are administered in conformity with prevailing policies and accounting principles for all 150 subsidiaries and land holding companies.
- Report financial results to the Management Committee.
- Administer preparation of Balance Sheet, P&L statement and Cash Flows and their audits on time.
- Leverage technology for financial reporting and control in order to ensure compliance with Finance and accounting standards and high degree of controllership in the company.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Budget vs Actual (revenues, profit and NOI) - Timeliness of financial reporting - Financial ratios vs. industry benchmarks
- Adherence to policies -Follow through on Audit comments - Treasury Yields
- Fiscal Savings from Tax Saving Initiatives
- Credit rating
- Ease of doing business for the vendors.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL SKILLS:
- Chartered Accountant with a minimum 15 years of relevant experience.
- The person must exemplify the highest standards of integrity and discretion. S/he should be a driven, detail-oriented, self-confident individual with excellent team building & motivational skills.
- Build collaborative working relationships throughout the organization.
- Creating a culture of transparency, accountability & efficiency.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business cost, revenue drivers and real estate business models.
- Proficiency with a broad range of strategic, financial and operations guidelines, principles, analytics and best practices including in depth exposure to financial planning and analysis, controls, treasury, tax and audit.
- Strong Banking relationship.
Interested candidates may apply here or call Kanika Pathak 9911179375 or apply. We shall revert to shortlisted candidates only.