HR at Jobtravia Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1378 Applications:351 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:57
Chief Financial Officer - Port/Infrastructure/Power Industry (20-28 yrs)
Company : One of the top and biggest corporate house in India.
Location : Mumbai.
Education qualification : CA with post qualification of Min. 20 years.
Industry preference : Ports/Infra structure/Power.
Position: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Level : General Manager / Vice President
Reporting to: MD
Essential Educational, Experience Qualification & Age :
Educational Qualification: CA Final (Mandatory), CS Final (preferred)
Minimum Experience : 20+ Years of Corporate level experience; min.15 years post qualifications & at least 5-7 years heading the function.
Age: 50 - 55 years
About the Position :
- The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides total STRATEGIC and OPERATIONS- support to Infrastructure Business Group (IBG) and its verticals in power, ports, transportation and natural resources business units of the group.
- The CFO would be responsible for active management, supervision and control of the finance, accounting, secretarial, and IT functions of IBG and its entities. He/ She would be the chief financial spokesperson for IBG.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of IBG, the CFO is expected to support the Business Heads on all strategic and operational matters relating to project appraisals, risk management, financing, accounting and controls, budget management, annual and strategic planning and forecasting, MIS and operational controls. He would also be responsible for the implementation and management of adequate enterprise level systems for the group's rapidly growing businesses.
Key Activities / Accountabilities :
Strategic and Tactical:
- Work with the respective Business CEO's on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships, as well as assisting in the development of businesses, models and negotiations of contracts. Support in developing and implementation of the Strategic and Operating plans at the corporate and business unit levels including the creation of the legal structure (SPV, JV formation etc.)
- Participate in developing new businesses, specifically assist the MD and support Business Heads in identifying new funding opportunities and value creation and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Participate and advise management in Divestment and monetizing the assets.
- Confers with MD and senior management of the company and Business and functional leaders to coordinate and prioritize planning.
- Analyzes company operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, down-sized, or eliminated.
- Studies long - range economic trends and projects company prospects for future growth, opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new product areas.
- Benchmarks its own operations to the industry standards and the best in class and provide feedback to the senior management of the business.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on contract design and implementation matters.
- Provide an operating budget; work with the Business Heads to ensure success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual requirements.
- Responsible for timely sourcing and at agreed terms, funding requirements, including significant overseas funding of international projects; supervise deployment and investment of funds; extensive networking with banks, institutions and investors to raise capital for projects and businesses.
- Work pro-actively on developing funding options for IBG as well as individual operating businesses.
- Responsible for ensuring protection of IBG interests in negotiations with lenders, funding agencies etc including documentation thereof.
- Actively work on creating value enhancement opportunities for IBG.
- Responsible for budgets, monitoring of actual performance vis--vis budgets, financial plans and provides periodic inputs to business and CEO on operating and financial results of respective businesses and SPVs.
- Suggest and implement methods of improving operating and monitoring processes as appropriate.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, their audit processes, reports to shareholders, tax returns.
- Develop and maintain system of internal controls to safeguard financial, physical and other assets of the organization.
- Develop risk management policies and implement effective risk management framework and implementation of robust business controls.
- Drive cost management initiatives within the organization to achieve improving efficiencies within the organization.
- Attend IBG Board as well as those of other entities where invited or as a member of the respective Board and sub-committees including being the lead on the Audit/ Finance Committee.
Accounts & Taxation :
- Oversee accounting and taxation departments, budget preparation, and audit functions. Meet regularly with department heads to keep informed and to offer direction.
The Key role of Accounts & Taxation department being:
- Maintenance of Accounts all Indian and International operations of the IBG in Tally ERP as per IND-AS and guidelines.
- Ensuring compliances Income Tax, TDS GST, VAT, Service Tax, etc. by all entities of IBG.
- Effectively contributing to tax planning at the corporate level and assist in tax planning of direct and indirect taxation in commercial decisions.
- Filing of various returns with various statutory authorities.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/Annual Balance Sheet, P&L Statements, annual budget and MIS for IBG.
- Handle entire Consolidation, Tax and Treasury and compliances of international operations of IBG.
- Advising and guiding the team of company secretaries in various associated & subsidiary companies and ensuring compliance under the various SEBI regulations and acts.
- Ensuring corporate governance with regards to financial, legal and secretarial matters.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and policies and provide advice in all legal and regulatory matters.
- Handling a Team of 30 (direct, indirect reportees ) professional in domestic as well as international operations, representing functions viz Finance, Accounts, Taxation, Budget Control and Company Secretary
- Being part of large corporate group, ability to effectively interface and work with promoter and senior members of the group center.
- Proactive and keenness to develop and deploy the latest management tools in the business.
- Maintenance of all internal controls, processes and workflows.
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all stakeholders.
- Work towards creating a leadership team both at the HO and the SPVs including supervise staff, regular progress reviews and plans for improvement
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal
Candidate Profile :
- Experience in accounting, direct and indirect taxation, Project costing, Budgeting and Forecasting, Preparation of Cash Flows, MIS Reporting etc.
- Experience in arranging funds, serving loan agreements, Project Finance role handling debt syndication / loan servicing will be an added advantage.
- Candidate should be well versed with day-to-day finance and accounting functions for a project-based organization.
Specific skills and competencies
- Conversant with financial statements such as balance sheets, profit & loss statements
- Should have good Microsoft office skills
Behavior Competencies :
- Financial Acumen
- Effective Communication
- Keen to learn
- Adaptability to changes
- System orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Business Understanding
- Infrastructure business understanding is a must.