Consultant at Iconic Resource
Views:773 Applications:261 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Chief Financial Officer - Pharma/Retail (5-25 yrs)
Chief Financial Officer:
- Company is growing, and we need a leader who can guide the financial systems that empower us. We're searching for an experienced chief financial officer to join our team of high-performing professionals and keep our finances positioned for continued success.
- The CFO will have a day-to-day, ongoing impact on company operations, helping us to analyse, strategize, and grow our financial position.
- This seasoned strategist not only will understand current accounting practices and trends, but also will have experience raising capital and adapting to change, whether it's through growth or downsizing. As a member of senior management, the CFO will be comfortable in a leadership role that requires clear and effective communication skills.
Objectives of this role:
- Take responsibility (either directly or via staff) for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, and help drive the company's financial strategy and hiring needs
- Coordinate development of annual operating, capital, and program budgets, as well as reporting for the same
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with operations by overseeing day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal-control activities of the organization
- Develop and implement best practices and tools to ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization that has strong fiscal management, project coordination, cross-team communications, and workflows
- Comply with national and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation and taking appropriate action
- Work with senior managers to efficiently develop budget proposals, provide access to project finance information, and ensure contract/grant compliance and reporting
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyse internal operations, and identify areas for cost reduction and process enhancement
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives
- Oversee HR operations by coordinating with external service providers (ex: payroll, benefits, recruitment) and internal staff responsible for other aspects of HR
- Monitor business performance with tracking tools, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports for earnings calls, management team, and rest of company
- Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems, ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory entities (ex: Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service, state attorneys general)
Required skills and qualifications:
- Five or more years of experience in executive leadership roles
- Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
- Working knowledge of how to raise capital outside traditional lines of credit
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Master's degree (or equivalent experience) in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- International finance experience
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and investor relations
- Executive experience with SaaS business models and their associated revenue recognition
- Professional certification (ex: Certified Public Accountant)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.