Chief Research Officer at Crossover Catalyst
Views:913 Applications:225 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:158
Chief Financial Officer - NGO (10-15 yrs)
Chief Financial Officer-NGO
The Akanksha Foundation is non-profit organization with the mission "to build one of the most innovative school networks that empowers children from low income communities to maximize their potential". Akanksha currently serves 8,800 children and 3500+ alumni, through its 21 schools in Pune and Mumbai Metropolitan Regions in partnership with the municipalities.
Position Summary :
Reporting to and partnering with the chief executive officer (CEO), the chief financial officer (CFO) will play a critical role in developing and implementing the financial strategy for The Akanksha Foundation. As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO will be an advisor to other Leadership Team (Program and Functions), evaluating and assisting them with their financial plans and economic modelling. S/he will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, in conjunction with the CEO, board of directors and the finance sub-committee of the board.
Specific responsibilities will include :
- Work with the CEO and Leadership team to set the vision and strategic plan for the organization based on external opportunities and internal capacity / competencies
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with The Akanksha Foundation's strategic plan
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and The Akanksha Foundation's long-term strategy. Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
Financial and Operational Management :
- Oversee the financial and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements. Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities.
- Make investment decisions and ensure appropriate cash flow
- Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets so as to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally.
Legal and Compliance :
- Oversee all legal documentation including but not limited to grant agreements with foreign and local donors, non-profit partners, vendor contracts, MOUs etc.
- Ensuring compliances under laws applicable to charitable organizations. Developing and updating policies relating to organization governance and regulatory affairs and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, including disclosure requirements.
- Oversee the general administration, facilities management and safety of all offices
- Oversee all procurement and vendor management.
Culture and Team Management :
- Mentor and develop the team, managing work allocation, capacity building, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams (programs and functions) outside of direct span of control, as needed.
- Build organization capacity for better financial governance and performance.
- Upholding the Akanksha culture (Be the Change).
- S/he should be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 10-15 years of broad finance experience; experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations for the organization and; manage legal and statutory compliance.
- S/he should have at least 3 years experience of leading the finance vertical.
- S/he should have experience managing the finance function (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) within a diverse, division-based entity.
- S/he must have managed teams
- S/he should be someone who is strategic, creative, energetic and resilient and has managed diverse stake-holders.
- Should have Master's degree in finance, accounting, business and/or qualified chartered accountant
Location : Mumbai or Pune