Vice President - Human Capital at Matrix Partners India
Views:2329 Applications:539 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:373
Chief Financial Officer - FinTech Startup (10-15 yrs)
We are looking to hire a CFO for a Series B fintech firm from our portfolio, Ziploan
ZipLoan, RBI registered fintech lender, was set up in 2015 with a mission to ensure easy availability of unsecured Working Capital loans to small business owners in India. Our technology enabled platform allows us to offer credit in a fast manner. Through its proprietary machine learning-based risk assessment also called - ZipScore-, lean operations and a unique co-lending model with leading banks and NBFCs, ZipLoan is able to provide working
capital loans of up to INR 7.5 lakhs to small businesses at a fraction of the cost as compared to traditional lenders. ZipLoan is currently operational in 6 cities of India. ZipLoan has raised over $20 million in equity from some of India's best VC Investors such as Saif Partners and Matrix Partners. We have our offices in: Delhi (Headquarters), Mumbai, Jaipur, Lucknow and Indore.
For more information visit: www.ziploan.in
- Act as incharge of company's financial Strategy and operation efficiencies.
- Responsible for internal and external financial reporting, stewardship of a company's assets, and ownership of cash management.
- Tracking cash flow and financial planning as well as analyzing the company's financial strengths and weaknesses and proposing corrective actions.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to mid & long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Control and evaluate the organization's fundraising plans and capital structure.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization's operations
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO and Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors.
- Serve as a key member of leadership team and be a key driver the key initiatives to help organization it's strategic goals.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Timely preparation and submission of investor reports
Accounting, Compliances and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for internal stakeholders, investors and company's board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all tax returns.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Review all month-end closing activities including accounts, balance sheet and overhead cost allocation.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues 12 - 15 years of relevant experience, out of which atleast 3 years must be with Banks/ NBFCs.
- Essentially CA/CFA or MBA in Finance from Tier 1 institute.
- Experience in a senior financial management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation
- Prowess with legal and contractual areas
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues