Chief Financial Officer - Beauty/Cosmetics & Wellness Firm (10-20 yrs)
The Position :
We are looking for a self-driven high performer to head the finance & strategy function for our young, dynamic high-growth organization.
Role & Responsibilities (Summary) :
The Head of Finance & Strategy (CFO) will be a core member of the leadership team, reporting to the Founder & CEO. The 3 key areas of responsibility are:
1. Partner the CEO and the business on Growth and Profit delivery
2. Establish & operate world-class systems on Financial Reporting, Controls & Governance
3. Ownership of stakeholder communication, Board meetings, investor updates, and also lead capital raising as needed
The role in detail. You will:
- Lead the preparation and track the execution of quarterly and yearly operating plans & resource allocation
- Drive the channel, pricing, product and other growth opportunities, working closely with sales & marketing teams
- Measure and help improve process efficiencies to improve margins without compromising on product or service quality
- Build a virtuous cycle of growth: improve margins sustainably to re-invest in growth
- Build & lead a team that generates, maintains and automates financial, operational and statutory reporting, including weekly, monthly and quarterly reports & reviews.
- Ensure all operating and financial metrics are properly defined, monitored, and being met. Set & monitor KPIs/metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and help operating teams develop initiatives to optimize them
- Be responsible for maintaining the company's financial model for presentation to internal stakeholders, the Board and investors.
- Oversee annual budgeting process and long-term strategic planning from a financial perspective.
- Lead capital markets activities, including equity fundraising and debt financing, and interface with all external stakeholders.
Required Experience :
- MBA or CA at least 10 years professional experience. A mix of operating experience plus consulting/PE/VC/IB background preferred.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance concepts and accounting principles.
- Ability to grasp market dynamics, understand business implication and set strategic direction
- Experience developing highly complex financial models and developing reporting packages, preferably at a high-growth company.
- History of successfully leading business case analysis and planning processes which set strategy through a financial lens, then tracking the plan to report on its progress over time.
- Exceptionally advanced Excel and financial modeling skills; strong communication skills.
- Preferred: Experience participating in debt & equity financing processes.
- You think like an investor: Capable of seeing the - bigger picture- while simultaneously being able to handle the details, and connecting it all back to numbers and financials.
- You execute like an entrepreneur: High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills with relentless attention to detail backed by a data-driven mentality. Genuine intellectual curiosity.
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and strong leadership and communication skills (both written and verbal). Can run processes and meetings independently.
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members (at all levels of the Company).
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches. Solutions-focused mindset.