Director at Pluscorp Consulting
Views:331 Applications:83 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:67
Chartered Accountant/Cost Management Accountant (4-13 yrs)
- Provide first level of management for small team of hourly, salaried and management staff in a specialized area (Cap. Assets) for a large service provider division or in general area (Inventory) for a smaller unit.
- Responsibilities are usually confined within specific functional area and closely monitored by an area manager.
- Frequently interact and work outside the workgroup to achieve assigned goals.
- Direct reports are hourly personnel and various salaried support positions including accounting analysts, accounting clerks, and may have certain management staff.
- Manage people: work with financial systems, interpret and adhere to accounting practices and procedures, and supervise a workgroup of several individuals who generally perform routine and repetitive basic accounting functions.
- Manage a small team and their related workload involved, prioritize projects, assign and review work, and control the daily operating environment.
- Evaluate and report on staff performance, participate in employee selection, provide career guidance and training direction, comply with personnel practices, and promote team rewards and successes.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to current staff.
- Manage Expectations: Communicate effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers.
- Understand and manage customer requirements and expectations.
- Serve as liaison between customer, team and data providers.
- Identify and communicate goals and objectives of team.
- Provide services, make recommendations and manage costs.
- Perform Individual Staff Work: Lead initiatives outside team to represent the group (i.e. document processes, make presentations).
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of businesses, products, suppliers and customers.