HR at CG Power & Industrial Solutions Limited
Views:2740 Applications:114 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
CG Power & Industrial Solutions - Manager - Corporate Legal (6-8 yrs)
1. JOB PURPOSE :
To be responsible as a key member of the legal department of the company for the effective and efficient management of the Legal department, providing legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
A. Contract Management :
- Review contracts or any other documentation and assess legal implications.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time
B. Litigation/Claims Management :
- Undertaking Risk- Benefit assessment of litigation
- Applying research on legal position into facts
- Preparation of notices, letters, replies and such other correspondences in respect of claims by or against the Company
- Advising business on pre-litigation strategies
- Finalize draft petitions/replies to be filed before Courts/tribunals for the company
- Briefing Counsels and formulating strategy
- Preparation of litigation MIS / Presentations
C. Internal Query Management :
- Act as internal legal advisor to Business and work in close coordination with business to understand
- Brief external legal expert on legal issues involving company and obtain their advise
D. People Management :
- Providing necessary professional guidance as primary reporting manager
- Due delegation of work and empowerment
3. SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE :
Educational Qualifications and Experience :
- Professional Degree in Law with not less than 60% marks
- Throughout first class educational qualifications
- 6-8 years of experience in corporate law firms or in the legal department of large manufacturing industries handling Contract and Non-litigation Management profiles.
- Experience of working in power/ engineering companies and exposure in transactional work will be an added advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have average working experience of not less than 3 years with employer with whom the candidate has worked.
Functional Skills :
- Thorough knowledge and experience in drafting, vetting and standardization of commercial contracts
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Civil, Criminal, Constitutional and Commercial legal provisions
- Ability to understand business requirements and apply legal provisions appropriately
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Skills to prepare note for opinion and brief senior counsels
- Ability to withstand pressure and difficult situations
- Strong Managerial Skill
- Inter personal skills to work with multiple businesses and functions
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.