HR Team at Council on Energy Environment and Water
Views:1867 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
CEEW - Programme Associate - Renewable Energy Programme (4-8 yrs)
At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we dont stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
At CEEW, we build careers in public policy
- We offer strong visionary leadership with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence as well as responsibility come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Designation offered: Programme Associate
Reporting to: Programme Lead
Location: New Delhi, India
CEEW seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Programme Associate in the Renewable Energy team to expand its ongoing research work on renewable energy technologies and policy. CEEW offers an intellectually challenging and conducive work environment, with a focus on research rigour, innovative thinking, and consensus-building. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly skilled, and detail-oriented researcher to join the Renewable Energy Programme, with a specific focus on identifying and addressing technical, policy, regulatory and market hurdles that inhibit the deployment of renewable energy at the envisaged scale in the distribution as well as national grid.
The Renewable Energy team is one of the seven focus areas at the CEEW. Our work supports Indias - and the worlds - clean energy transition. It does so through timely, research-based interventions based on extensive policy, regulatory, and market analyses. The team also assesses, through surveys, Indias renewable energy jobs potential and skills requirement, the risks facing renewable energy investments, and designing strategic financial mechanisms to address the identified risks. We recommend applicants to visit renewable energy team page on CEEW website for more details about our projects.
The successful applicant will assist the fellow researchers in undertaking robust quantitative and qualitative analysis. In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined below, Research Analyst should be prepared, as and when necessary, to take on additional responsibilities and respond to events and developments that cannot be anticipated easily.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
- Monitor and analyse day-to-day regulatory and policy changes in the renewable energy markets
- To assist in development and execution of surveys. This would involve questionnaire design, training of enumerators, and survey monitoring
- To analyse the survey data from the household surveys
- Travel to project sites, whenever necessary, to conduct meetings/interviews/trainings or collect primary information.
- Review large amounts of data using a variety of software tools and methodologies
- Carry out relevant literature review and summarise findings as reports
- Develop rigours qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to support policy development
- To write briefs and issue notes which could be circulated among senior Government of India officials and other stakeholders.
- To work with senior researchers on conceptualising new projects (as and when needed).
- Provide research content for organisations web pages, blogs, policy briefs etc.
- Participate in knowledge-transfer activities, including collaborative meetings and training workshops with other research groups and institutions
- Publish research outputs as peer-reviewed papers and policy reports
- Write memos and internal briefs independently
- Assist in applications for research and general donor funding
- Establishing, managing and promoting relationship with CEEW work partners
Programme Assistance :
- Assist with project implementation, including preparing presentations, factsheets and other communication material
- Assist administrative team for organisation of relevant events (whenever needed)
- Support efforts to use new media platforms for wide dissemination of CEEWs work and, in turn, closer engagement with the wider community
Selection Criteria :
- Strong academic credentials, preferably a Masters degree with a specialisation in power systems, renewable energy technologies, economics, public policy or related field
- Sound understanding of Indias energy markets (specifically solar and wind markets) and policy and regulatory environment
- Should have a strong research background, with quantitative and modelling skills
Business experience :
- At least four years of relevant work experience in the field of research, policy engagement and project management, preferably in the area of energy policy, renewable energy, and energy systems.
- Prior experience of writing policy briefs and research reports
- Strong track record of project management and timely delivery of outputs
- Experience in dealing with public and private institutions within and outside India
- Superior analytical abilities and familiarity with research methods
- Learning new tools to manage, process and drive insights from acquired data is key to this role
- Sound understanding of programming languages (R, VBA) and software (STATA, MATLAB) for quantitative analysis
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in or exposure to technical aspects of energy systems
- Effective time management to work on multiple research projects at the same time
- Ability and willingness to work in a dynamic and fluid environment
- Ability to work on own initiative and communicate effectively as a team member
- Ability to analyse information and present in a clear and accurate manner
- Willingness to show initiative in order to handle unforeseen challenges
- Ability to work in multicultural teams
Competitive compensation commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organizations for similar roles.
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks. CEEW is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. CEEW offers competitive compensation commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organizations for similar roles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest.