HR Team at Council on Energy Environment & Water
Views:621 Applications:115 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:79
CEEW - Consultant - Market Research - Textile/Energy & Rural Livelihoods Sector (2-4 yrs)
We are particular about what we stand for (and what we don- t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
At CEEW, we build careers in public policy and social impact
- We offer strong visionary leadership - with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get one of the best-in-class remunerations
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
The Council does not only do world-class research but also strives for impact at scale. In fact, this new position is in our quest to translate our research to action and impact. If you are passionate about improving incomes and livelihoods in rural and peri-urban India, social entrepreneurship, technologies for impact, and working with start-ups, investors, and financiers while playing with numbers once in a while, we would love to hear from you!
Position offered: Consultant - Market Research (Textile)
Team: Energy and Rural Livelihoods
Job Location: New Delhi, India
Job Duration: 6 months
Purpose: The Energy Access team is one of the eight focus areas at the CEEW. Lack of access to energy is a barrier for households, communities, and enterprises in reaching their desired potential. CEEW in partnership with Villgro has recently launched their USD 2.5 million initiative, - Powering Livelihoods-, with the objective of providing support to enterprises deploying clean-energy based livelihoods solutions for undertaking large-scale commercial deployments.
With the vision that within the next ten years DRE will be an integral part of all rural productive use applications, this programme seeks to ignite the transformation, few enterprises at a time. Powering Livelihoods programme will bridge the commercial valley of death by providing financial and capacity building support to enterprises with field-tested technologies to undertake commercial deployment of their solutions. The scale of these deployments will be large enough to demonstrate commercial viability and make the key stakeholders take notice. Supporting commercial deployment will drive enterprise growth enabling them to establish their business model and demonstrate a track record of operations, building a wider pool of investible opportunities in the sector.
The programme aims to achieve its objectives through three key streams of activities, viz, capital support, technical assistance and sectoral growth assistance. As part of these activities, market research would be undertaken for the assessment of livelihoods appliances of the programme enterprises. We would also be engaging with sector stakeholders to understand their influence, market size, market potential and demand of these livelihoods solutions.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
- Undertake market research for livelihood appliances such as cold solar charkhas, solar looms, solar khadi products, silk reelers, etc.
- Undertake primary research to understand prospective customers (of these products) and their ecosystem
- Prepare research outputs such as market research reports and databases including market potential, market size, etc.
- Interact with sector stakeholders- sector to understand, market potential and market characteristics
- Engage and identity key stakeholders and understand their roles and influence.
Shortlisting Criteria :
- A Master's degree with a specialisation in livelihoods, market research with a focus on the textile sector, development economics or development studies.
- One - two years of prior experience in undertaking market research, with a focus on the textile sector (preferably handlooms) and with rural customers.
Key skills :
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous experience in market research is a must
- Exposure to research skills would be a plus
- Exposure to productive use of energy is a plus
- Understanding of relevant ministries and department and their scheme promoting livelihood and microenterprises in India
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Competitive compensation - commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organisations for similar roles.
Application Process :
Interested candidates are requested to share their curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter explaining their interest in the position (in one PDF) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with - Application - Consultant (Textile) for Energy and Livelihoods- as the subject line. Please do not contact individual researchers for any open position. We are an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Last date for application is 31st May 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by us.