Category Manager - Staples (3-8 yrs)
About our client:
Our client is a B2B trade platform for small & medium businesses in India. It brings traders, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and manufacturers in India on to a single platform.
Their portfolio spans across Lifestyle, FMCG/Food and Electronics. Lifestyle is a key category doubling every 3-4 months. We are looking for individuals excited to be a part of this journey.
The role expects the person to :
- Identify and onboard the strategic accounts for the category basis business category fitment
- Build and lead a strong team of people in the strategic supply markets
- Own the key accounts PnL and lead the portfolio to a 10-50cr a month scale over 12-18 months
- Vendor management / segregation to be done based on quality.
- end to end (sourcing, inventory retailing) management of category - food business (staples)
- Work with the manufacturers/suppliers on monthly/ quarterly/ yearly strategic plans with continuous reviews and evolution
- Continuously improve the quality of business with the brand and work towards making our company the most important channel for the brand
- 3-8 years of experience in the Indian retail market in supply/ category management roles in FMCG category
- Has owned and managed a 10cr+ portfolio in previous stints
- Has grown through his /her career working at various levels in business development profiles
- Is a sales/ relationship champion and understands behavioural levers to get best out of partnerships
- Is an ecommerce enthusiast and deeply relate with the ability of ecommerce to disrupt FMCG industry at large
- Passionate and driven individuals looking to work with a similar bunch of people!