Managing Partner at HRvisory
Views:1127 Applications:252 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:47
Category Manager - Consumer Durable (5-8 yrs)
About company : An emerging consumer durable brand, awarded as one of the top 100 Start-ups in India.
Roles and responsibility :
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate market trends, consumer behavior, and competitor activity to identify new opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy new product pipeline, overseeing New Product Development (NPD) and design, launching new products basis the need gap in the market for all product groups.
- Managing all P&L responsibilities, for brands, including planning, forecasting, and driving sales and margin improvements.
- Demand forecasting for current assortment to ensure optimum stocks are maintained for all products throughout the year
- Identifying & evaluating new sourcing opportunities, to diversify supply base.
- Assortment planning of the entire Category based on Price Points, Designs, Functionality etc.
- Study current product portfolio & identify product gaps. Develop products, product range, collection from existing merchants. Identify and onboard new merchants and assess them on parameters - Product Quality, Scale, Set-Up, Product Assortment, Merchants Behavioral Alignment
- Partner with Supply Chain and Inventory team to ensure year-round availability of product, avoid excess inventory and utilize working capital efficiently. Work closely with systems team to improve work efficiency by automation of processes
- Plan promotions during Big Days, identify promotion SKUs, negotiate best price for the SKU. Coordinate with Marketing, inventory team for festive offers
Desired profile :
- 5+ years of experience in Category/Product management and/or strategy from consumer internet companies.
- Strong analytical and presentation capabilities (MS Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven expertise in stakeholder management, aligning with cross-functioning teams and bringing them to a consensus.
- Sharp business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Experience in online Marketplaces like Amazon, Flipkart, Pepperfry etc
Remuneration : up to 13 LPA and benefits.