Founder/Managing Partner at People Hire Consulting
Views:13583 Applications:1906 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:176
Category Manager - Account Management - eCommerce (5-12 yrs)
As Category manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for SMB businesses in India.
You will work with a set of high potential SME sellers and a team of account management associates to enable sellers to perform better in self-sustainable manner on the platform.
To be successful in this role you will need superior customer-interfacing skills and demonstrate ownership, analytical ability and an eye for detail. Operating in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous start-up kind of environment you will work autonomously taking full control and responsibility for achieving business objectives. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in a competitive and ever-changing business climate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Building selection: Will be responsible for determining customer market needs, growing selection across sub-categories, brands and use cases, and getting support for marketing campaigns.
- Drive Seller Success- You will be responsible for driving seller success on the platform by formulating strategies and inputs basis seller needs through your team of Managers and Associates.
- Managing the seller relationship by championing the seller's needs at Amazon. Build strong communication channels at all levels of the seller's organization, set proper expectations, provide clear status communications, and manage towards a growth plan.
- Business planning and communication to senior management: Develop a short-term and long-term plan for growth and report to Senior Management on a regular basis on the state of key topline and bottom-line metrics and risk factors.
- Joint Planning with Marketplace team: Work closely with the marketplace team to ensure sufficient visibility of the selection of the sellers and drive participation of sellers in the marketing events conducted on the platform.
- Innovation: Invent and drive continuous process improvement and automation across our systems to allow us to scale a fast- growing business.
Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 5 + years of relevant experience in sales manager / vendor manager/ category manager/account manager role
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive results
- Deep understanding of industry and experience in managing sellers and franchisees will be desirable
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with excellent attention to detail
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential
- Experience in Consumer-facing sectors such as Retail, FMCG.
- Prior experience influencing C-level executives.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.