Manager at Caspian Impact Investment Adviser Private Limited
Views:174 Applications:19 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Caspian Impact Investments - Senior Associate - Legal & Compliance - LLB (5-8 yrs)
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Will own and ensure execution of loan contracts and related compliances as well as Coordinate legal proceedings as per requirements.
- S/he needs to adhere to and ensure adherence to legal practices and processes outlined for NBFCs by regulators and courts.
Debt Resolution :
- Identifying and liaise with appropriate service providers for carrying out Debt Resolution for CII.
- Represent CII in legal matters related to debt resolution
- Handling correspondence with external parties, lenders, coordination of legal requests;
- Liaising with the borrowers, notaries, service providers, etc.
- Support the ongoing monitoring, operational, and legal functions of the investment team.
- Drafting, reviewing of legal notices for debt resolution
Drafting, reviewing and processing legal documents:
- Loan agreement template designs.
- Loan Agreements, as well as amendments to existing loan agreements and corresponding administration;
- NOC, NDAs, waivers, and other agreements;
- Liaise with Investment Managers, Risk Managers and Loan Operations Teams develop and process new deal structures and also implement amendments/waivers and other supplemental deal documents post-disbursement;
- Reviewing all types of agreements that are required for various purposes.
- Own the Loans documentation process to ensure that all the legal documents are in order.
- Issuing compliance memo for disbursements
- Ensure that all data are correctly filed in various platforms as required by the regulator (CRILC, CKYC, NESL etc)
- Data correctness in our DC (LOS/LMS) platforms
- SPOC for IRON MOUNTAIN, document safekeeping etc.
- Filing and compliance for legal matters.
- Handling of legal documentation negotiation on legal clauses and execution of documents with the borrowers and lenders
- Providing general legal and operational support to the organization for
a. Compliance with the RBI Regulations;
b. Lending uploads on Cersai, NESL and other platforms as prescribed by regulators
c. Fund and mandate structuring;
d. Completion of KYC requests from third parties (e.g., investors/investees).
e. Support the ongoing monitoring, operational, and legal functions of the investment team.
f. Manage external counsel
Qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position :
- Experience: A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in the legal department of an NBFC or a bank. Experience in a Financial Institution is mandatory. Preference will be given to those who have worked in corporate lending or corporate SME lending verticals of banks and NBFCs.
Education: LLB or equivalent
- Specialized knowledge /Skills: NBFC / Bank
- Professional Certification:
- Highly team-oriented and results-driven
- Strong appetite for learning new things
- In-depth knowledge of relevant law and best practices
- Clear written and spoken communication
Caspian Impact Investments :
Caspian Debt (incorporated as - Caspian Impact Investments Pvt Ltd- ) is a specialized debt vehicle registered as a non-banking finance company (NBFC) and backed by reputed investors like SIDBI Venture Capital, Gray Ghost Ventures (USA), FMO (Dutch Govt Development Finance Institution), DFC (USA), and Triodos Investment Management, apart from its promoter Caspian Equity.
Over the past 7 years, Caspian Debt has provided debt finance of about INR 16 Bn to more than 140 small and medium corporate entities across several high impact sectors like food & agribusiness, financial inclusion, healthcare, clean energy, education, drinking water, etc. Caspian Debt takes an investment approach to lending.
Our loan ticket sizes range between INR 10-200 million. We provide a wide variety of financial products which include term loans, working capital, purchase order finance, bill discounting, receivables finance, revolving limits, venture debt, subordinated debt, guarantees, quasi-equity, etc. Unlike traditional lenders, Caspian Debt does not make lending decisions based on mortgage collateral but instead, depends upon business data and customised product structuring to make loans to high impact companies.
Caspian Culture :
Caspian promotes meritocracy and is an equal opportunity employer. You will be an important part of our organization and will have a key role in our continuing success. Working as a team is critically important at Caspian. Our organization is lean and requires efficient solutions, unencumbered by excessive bureaucracy. As a result, we work together to find the most innovative answers, maintaining a very entrepreneurial environment.
We encourage you to visit our website at www.caspian.in for more information on the firm.