Manager at Caspian Impact Investment Adviser Private Limited
Views:1575 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:51
Caspian Impact Investments - Senior Associate - Legal (4-7 yrs)
Job Purpose/ Description
We are looking for a Sr Associate - Legal to take ownership of legal operations processes at CII, which is the debt fund promoted by Caspian.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will own and ensure execution of loan contracts and related compliances as well as Coordinate legal proceedings as per requirements.
- S/he needs to adhere to and ensure adherence to legal practices and processes outlined for NBFCs by regulators and courts.
Drafting, reviewing and processing legal documents
- Loan agreement template designs.
- Loan Agreements, as well as amendments to existing loan agreements and corresponding administration;
- NOC, NDAs, waivers, and other agreements;
- Liaise with Investment Managers, Risk Managers and Operations Teams develop and process new deal structures and also implement amendments/waivers and other supplemental deal documents post-disbursement;
- Reviewing all types of agreements that are required for various purposes.
- Filing and compliance for legal matters.
- Handling of legal documentation negotiation on legal clauses and execution of documents with the borrowers and lenders
- Providing general legal and operational support to the organization for
- Compliance with the RBI Regulations;
- Fund and mandate structuring;
- Completion of KYC requests from third parties (e.g., investors/investees).
- Support the ongoing monitoring, operational, and legal functions of the investment team.
- Manage external counsel
From time to time, support Debt Resolution processes:
- Handling correspondence with external parties, lenders, coordination of legal requests in Debt resolution cases;
- Liaising with the borrowers, notaries, service providers, etc.
Experience: A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in the legal department of a NBFC or a bank. Experience in a Financial Institution is mandatory. Preference will be given to those who have worked in corporate lending or corporate SME lending verticals of banks and NBFCs.
Education: Minimum LLB or equivalent
- Specialized knowledge /Skills: NBFC / Bank
Professional Certification: CS
- Highly team-oriented and results-driven
- Strong appetite for learning new things
- In-depth knowledge of relevant law and best practices
- Clear written and spoken communication