Chief Business Officer at Cash Mauj
Views:2844 Applications:338 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:129
Cash Mauj - Head - Legal & Compliance (10-15 yrs)
We are looking Legal and Compliance Head for Cash Mauj.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced leader and strategic thinker with a deep knowledge of India's evolving fintech industry.
- Oversee and monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations of India, including but not limited to the information technology laws and rules.
- Work closely and creatively with cross functional teams, including Legal and Policy, in reviewing and addressing governmental regulations, agency guidelines, and policies.
- Manage effective relationships, including on matters of compliance, with key government agencies and regulators in close collaboration with internal teams.
- Provide compliance support and guidance to the internal teams coordinating with government and law enforcement agencies and handling user grievances.
- Provide feedback to internal teams and leadership regarding the design and operation of compliance in India, the key issues, the emerging trends, and the effectiveness of compliance program operations, resourcing, and external understanding.
- Identify, propose, and support effective process and technical solutions to facilitate compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure the company stays abreast with current and anticipated regulations as well as industry best practices.
- Willingness to work off hours and overtime, including weekends and occasionally on holidays, in order to support emergency matters and interact with globally-based company employees.
- Adopt responsibility (which may include personal legal liability) and ensure due diligence is exercised with respect to obligations under the information technology laws.
- Where necessary, participate in hearings and proceedings before courts or regulatory authorities. This may require you to appear in your personal capacity or as a representative in such proceedings.
- The successful candidate must be resident in India.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience regarding relevant compliance matters, including expertise in applicable laws and regulations to online platforms, internet safety issues, user privacy, and content regulation.
- Public policy experience or experience interacting and maintaining strong relationships with key government agencies and other external stakeholders on compliance matters in a highly-regulated environment
Preferred Qualifications :
- Considerable experience in public policy or law preferred
- Experience assessing, analyzing, and resolving multiple issues and challenges while meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience with applicable regulatory compliance requirements and spotting emerging trends and "hot issues."
- Experience working with internal teams on matters concerning compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and implementing solutions to improve compliance frameworks and internal policies.
- Experience working as part of a fast-paced team and exercising good judgment, strong critical thinking skills, agile prioritization, and influential presence of mind in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience presenting before audiences.
- Fluency in English and at least one additional Indian language.