Cars24.com - Senior Manager - Commercial (4-7 yrs)
Position Description :
Senior Manager - Commercial
Role - Purpose and Scope:
The purpose of this role is to lead a team for negotiating and managing contracts with customers and 3rd party vendors and suppliers. You will be involved in the procurement process including defining needs and options and make recommendations to the head of Commercial
Key Result Areas :
Key Result Areas or KRAs are the main functional tasks of the role on which your performance will be measured or assessed every six months.
1. Contract Negotiations :
- Oversee organizational contract development and management activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
- Ensure that contracts and proposals are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained.
- Develop standards for contracts, including presentation of budget, payment terms, general language and provisions.
- Perform appropriate clinical, administrative and operational research to support proposal and contract development.
- Conduct contract strategy meetings to identify issues and client requirements, facilitate pricing discussions and obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables.
- Draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions, senior management input, and organizational needs and expectations.
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and attachments.
- Interface with vendors regarding the adequacy of coverage and purchasing needs.
- Serve as primary organizational contact during contract negotiations
- Engage relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards and cost targets.
- Develop and execute negotiation strategies that minimize potential losses and benefit the healthcare organization's financial performance.
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with business partners and internal clients about contractual issues.
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal
2. Contract Management :
Contract Management is also an integral component of this role. This task can include estimating costs for a variety of projects, successfully determining resources to meet the needs of those projects, and acting as liaison and agree between the company and the customer to communicate on timelines how much the company is prepared to spend for certain services and products.
3. Management Duties :
You will be involved in the coordination and implementation of work strategies to successfully monitor the contract tasks and milestones. Review supply contracts with suppliers. obtain quotes and make recommendations to the head of the commercial.
Technical or Professional Knowledge and Experience :
- A minimum of 4+ years in a commercial role in an e-commerce/service industry. Demonstrable knowledge in negotiating, business and management principles involved in strategic planning and administration would be desirable.
- A relevant qualification would be well regarded particularly an MBA with B.com. Along with that, you will have attention to detail, delegation and management experience, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work independently within a team-oriented structure.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
- Proficiency in utilizing and interpreting financial models and analyses.
- Experience in applying organizational standards when developing requests for proposals, negotiating terms and drafting contracts.
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written skills, and the ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.