HR at Carrier Technologies India Limited
Views:286 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Carrier Technologies - Assistant Manager - Payroll (10-12 yrs)
Assistant Manager Payroll
Job Description : Assistant Manager Payroll
Function: Carrier Global Payroll
- Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
- Is your personality defined by positivity, responsibility, integrity, accountability, and respect culminating in a strong work ethic? At Carrier, we believe that our people make the difference and invite you to apply to this exciting and rewarding opportunity.
- Excellent opportunity for highly motivated individual to assume the Assistant Manager Payroll role within the Carrier Business Services organization. The organization offers opportunity to be part of a growing shared service organization and develop global processes to sustain flexibility as the business needs change. Job responsibilities subject to change based upon alignment of processes within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Assistant Payroll Manager is a highly visible role with daily oversight of core end-to-end payroll process.
- This role collaborates with business partners, key vendors, tax authorities, and unions to ensure payroll execution is timely and accurate.
- The Assistant Payroll Manager is the go-to subject matter expert regarding Global View capabilities, team & vendor performance, and service delivery model supporting the Country Payroll Manager as needed to optimize operations and Shared Services value.
- Possessing an evolved technical and customer service aptitude, this role identifies trends which turn into actionable improvements, identifies and addresses training needs of the team, mentors/coaches employees on tactical processing areas of opportunity and tracks performance to defined service level agreements.
- Creating a stable, standardized, consistent and pleasing operating environment is critical to ensure Shared Services meets and exceeds customer leadership expectations.
- Manages the day to day activities of the country Payroll Delivery Center/s, executing the entire payroll process for all employees of assigned countries.
- Assists in the development of the managed service environment including resource requirements, policies, procedures and logistics
- Internal stakeholder engagement
- Works with appropriate business unit customers on regular basis
- KPIs/Metrics review
- Escalation management
- Change management actively communicate changes to policy/standards
- Manages vendor relationships with ADP and other third-party vendors
- Handles the billing to various business unit customers and resolution of any related billing issues
- Support process improvement initiatives and build a culture of continuous improvement
- Assures appropriate levels of control are in place and functioning well (e.g., ACA, eSOX, gap assessments, local regulations/governance, and external audits)
- Assures appropriate compliance with regards to data privacy and retention of records
- Implement, monitor and maintain current on country legislation and compliance standards
- Bring industry best practices to the global strategy; participate in regional/global efforts
- Performance management amongst team; partner with HR regarding any performance issues impacting the team
- Proactive communication with team and leadership; effectively communicate with all levels within the Shared Services organization
- Build depth of knowledge within team, develop associates and support career-pathing; succession planning
- Manage preparation, analysis and remediation surfaced on metrics
- 10 + years Global View/SAP payroll experience in India, Singapore & Hong Kong and a minimum of 3 years leading a payroll team with HR/Finance/IT experience
- Bachelors degree required
- In-country India Payroll Certification required
- Management of shared services preferred
- Language standard ; expert English (speak & write)
- Experience in managing a payroll department, preferably for a large multi-national and/or Shared Service Centers
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors
- Ability to give clear and consistent instructions to team members
- Demonstrated writing proficiency, visual design and effective oral presentation skills in English
- Ability to develop, lead, motivate and supervise working teams across organizational boundaries and
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage deadlines while under stress
- English language required
- Duties may require periodic non-standard hours to support payroll production
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.