Confidential at Cargill
Views:857 Applications:158 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Cargill - Strategic Pricing Manager - Global Edible Oils & Solutions Business (12-18 yrs)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible, and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill's food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition, and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers, and foodservice companies.
Cargill started operations in India in 1987 by setting up a liaison office. It is one of many large food companies buying directly from the Indian farmer. After the government of India, the second-largest buyer of food grain in India is Cargill.
In 2017, Cargill announced five years investment plan for India of USD 240Mn in edible oil, cocoa and chocolates, starches and sweeteners, and animal nutrition.
Today, Cargill India has businesses in refined oils, food ingredients, grain and oilseeds, cotton, animal nutrition, industrial specialties, and trade structured finance. It markets leading consumer brands of edible oils such as Nature Fresh, Gemini, Sweekar, Leonardo Olive Oil, Rath, and Sunflower brands of hydrogenated fats. It also markets wheat flour under the Nature Fresh brand name.
The animal nutrition business of Cargill provides animal feed and premix and nutrition for aqua, dairy, and poultry. It markets animal feed and premix under the brands such as Provimi, Purina, Citura, and Cargill.
Cargill's grains and oilseeds crush business originates grains and oilseeds at 200 storage locations.
India headcount is 4,900 people
Please visit https://www.cargill.co.in and https://www.cargill.com for more information about us.
We are hiring for a Strategic Pricing Manager for our Global Edible Oils and Solutions Business based in Gurugram, India
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Strategic Pricing Manager takes the lead to develop and execute the strategic pricing process capability across all sales channels for defined business. In this role, you will manage the deployment of pricing as an end-to-end process, from strategic considerations to actual price setting techniques, governance, and supporting technology. This role should demonstrate thought leadership and effectively engage and influence stakeholders across the business. In this role, you will optimize the business approach, processes, and pricing execution, coordinate to get alignment among business stakeholders, and will also lead the strategic development and business optimization of the long-term contracts portfolio for defined business segments.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Develop a fact-based approach to customer profitability by an in-depth understanding of the margins at the customer level for defined sales channels.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to maximize profitability and anticipate market changes, as well as improve the approach to pricing in segmentation, market insights, specific customer requirements, and added value service.
- Support customer negotiations for contracting discussions; keep track of cost and price in various markets globally and drive teams to pro-active selling and margin optimization.
- Manage strategic pricing reporting and process and optimize the margin structure to ensure the financial business objectives, as well as a specific customer and market targets, are met.
- Take the lead in the execution of different pricing strategies and improve sustainable profitability by partnering with various internal functions, like product line, sales, marketing, and finance.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement of the strategic pricing process, like improving quality and delivery efficiency, optimizing connection with adjacent commercial processes, and coordinating activities across markets globally.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Analytical proficiency to derive insights from large and complex sets of business data.
- Financial knowledge for profit and loss, margin and price decision making.
- Experienced in leading transformation of business units pricing function.
- Experienced in project and change management.
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- MBA/CA/ICWA with 12-18 years of work experience in pricing, margin/revenue growth management FMCG or related sectors
- Experience working with Analytical tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc
- Deep understanding of cost drivers and revenue drivers
- Proven strong communication, negotiation. Stakeholder management & interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with marketing, sales, and Finance teams through influence
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.