Talent Acquisition at Cargill Business Services
Views:873 Applications:87 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Cargill - People Analytics Tools Lead (5-7 yrs)
Business/ Function: Human Resources (FN045)
GJC Job Family/ Sub-family : Human Resources / Data Analytics
Position Title: People Analytics Tools Lead
Position Purpose & Summary :
Cargill has a significant presence across most supply chains in the agricultural space.
With that footprint comes massive amounts of data that can inform us about our people (employees, clients and customers) leading to insights that help us improve our value and impact to the business.
This position will be part of the People Analytics team and will bring strong cloud technology and big data acumen, allowing us to maximize our investment and adoption of our HR Reporting & Analytics tool portfolio, which currently includes:
- PowerBI and
- Anaplan and
- Look for new ways to innovate.
You will work in a growing Analytics team focused on building up Analytical capabilities across HR by partnering with IT to maximize and innovate our current HR Analytics Tools portfolio.
This role will represent the Talent COE in technical planning discussions around HR Technology and HR Data Warehouse and partner with IT to articulate future AWS Tools and other 3rd party apps needs for HR Analytics.
This position will possess intermediate knowledge of big data and expertise with AWS cloud Tools
Principal Accountabilities :
1. Analytics Technology (3rd party tools):
- Experience implementing and building Analytics technology and a reporting eco-system.
- Continue to drive experience design and user experience (front end, back end) and seek out creative ways to enhance technology capabilities.
- This role will research capabilities and build a strategy based on business requirements.
- This role provides recommendations on new capabilities or functionality to utilize within our tool portfolio, which systems to implement and that involves collaboration between IT and the supervisor.
2. Agile Prototyping and Releases:
- Research new vendor capabilities, drive agile prototype/pilots and seek out new ways to innovate.
3. Big Data Knowledge:
- Expertise in Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) and Integration architecture
- This role will contribute as a Subject Matter Expert on projects and can raise escalations via the project managers or supervisors.
- This role will collaborate with different team members across HR and IT.
4. Coaching and Training :
- Able to functionally train HR leaders and professionals on various HR analytics products; seek out ways to improve tool adoption and efficiency.
5. Innovation and Continuous Improvement :
- Continuously seek out industry best practices and tools, produce thought leadership and develop skills to create new capabilities for data analytics at Cargill to improve business decisions.
Education, Experience, Skills :
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics,, Human Resources, Operations Research or related fields.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years relevant work experience (if Bachelor's degree) or minimum 5 years relevant work experience (if Master's degree) with a proven track record in driving value in a corporate setting using strong technology skills.
- Lead the People Analytics Technology & Product team to address business challenges with actionable, data-driven people and technology solutions.
- Consult and provide thought leadership around the design, development, and implementation of HR technology and analytics tools, dashboards and reporting.
- Oversees and manages analytics technology, HR technology (e.g., SuccessFactors, Kronos, ADP) data visualizations and maintains a project management framework that facilitates successful execution of systems or projects.
- In-depth knowledge of databases, data modeling, Hadoop, and distributed computing frameworks.
- Proficiency in Data Visualizations (e.g., PowerBI or Tableau).
- Experience in software development environment, Agile, and code management/versioning (e.g. git).
- Experience with SQL or building data pipelines (e.g., Kafka)
- Experience working in a cloud environment e.g. Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Big Data development in Hadoop and Spark frameworks.
- Experience with predictive model deployment, tuning, and performance monitoring
- Ability to understand complex and ambiguous business needs and applying the right tools and approaches.
- Must be curious, self-motivating, driven and have a passion for problem-solving.
- Collaborative team player; seek out ways to build up analytical capabilities across HR.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to present statistical results to lay persons in an easy to understand way.
- Continuous learner stays up-to-date on external trends.
- Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Business Analytics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or related fields.
- Experience with Interactive Presentations/Documents tools (e.g., Adobe InDesign)
- Experience leading training/coaching teams or user adoption advocacy groups.
Other relevant information to the position :
1. Organization Breadth:
- Learning about multiple businesses and processes;
- Collaborative environment,
- Ability to grow with the data science team.
2. Gained skills about the business as well as technical machine learning capabilities.
Position Contacts / Complexity :
Internal / External Contacts :
- HR leaders in Group
- R&D Directors and Supervisors
- Global IT BRMs
- Global IT Digital Labs Members
- Management of client expectations
- Education on data science capabilities
- Building and deploying analytical solutions on time and within budget constraints
Magnitude / Scope :
Impact Area :
1. Oversea production, coaching, training for data visualizations and modeling tools :
- Monitor and maintain front and back end Analytics tools and products for HR and senior leaders
2. Oversea the enhancement and implementation of Analytics tools :
- Work multiple projects/tools and prototypes in with ~$2MM In value and continue to maintain those solutions.