HR at Cargill India
Views:1343 Applications:142 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Cargill India - Junior Trader - Commodity Trading (2-3 yrs)
Role : Junior Trader
Location : Gurgaon
Business : CASC (Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain)
- Cargill India is one of the largest originators and marketers of food and feed grains in India. We handle wheat, cotton, corn, pulses, millets, barley and sorghum. We are also one of the important players in oilseeds managing soybean, rapeseed and their derivatives viz. Soymeal, Sunflower Meal, Rapeseed Meal, Groundnut Meal.
- Our customers include leading food businesses, flour millers, feed millers, distillers, brewers and starch manufacturers. Besides assuring quality, sanctity of supply, price risk management solutions we offer warehousing and logistics services as well.
Position Purpose :
- The position is primarily accountable for supporting the Oilseed & Meal trading activities and deliver the productline PNL.
- Daily Position Reporting with internal stakeholders
- Daily PNL Reporting with internal stakeholders.
- Position Reconciliation of derivatives with empaneled brokers (i.e. IIFLW/Kotak/Phillip)
- PNL Reconciliation of derivatives book with Traders and Broker ledger.
- Position management with derivatives broker while managing Margin Utilization.
- Maintain and update prices trackers for cash and Derivatives.
- Maintained and provide assistance to update oilseeds and Oilmeal Snd.
- Assist trader to execute defined Game Plan.
- Forecasting volumes and PNL.
- Key responsibilities include helping oilseeds & oilmeals trading team in managing the proprietary positions in cash as well as in exchange.
Principal Accountability :
Trading & Risk management : 50%
- Supporting the trading desk in managing proprietry positions, strategic sourcing and overall risk management
- Contract Management for Oilmeal trading
- Managing AR/AP
- Provide assistance to manage Cash Futures arbitrage book.
- Maintaining Daily Purchases of Oilseeds and SBM under proprietary trading.
- Ensuring successful execution of Contracts.
- Follow-up for Suppliers payment.
- Follow up for quality and quantity related Dr/Cr. Notes for Suppliers for smoother execution.
- Using Derivatives instruments to manage price risk of our cash position.
- Under trader's supervision building time spread position.
- Taking directional position backed by end.
- Coordinate trading desk activities with GTA for Grains supply & Demand analysis.
Execution : 20%
- Ensure smooth execution of cash contracts including contract issuance, BOSC ordination for movement and with A&F for payment
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly AR & AP.
MIS & Data Management : 30%
- Daily MIS on position reconciliation ( Cash & Derivatives)
- Supporting the desk on daily, weekly, monthly PNL and forward forecast 30%
Required Qualifications :
- Min Graduate. Pref Engg + MBA(for Premier Institute)
- 2-3 years of experience commodity trading preferred, security, financial instrument..
- Business Acumen with inclination and high level interest in financial or commodity trading.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Proven interest in financial and commodity markets
- Communication - strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally
- Teamwork Skills - ability to work effectively with a team comprised of diverse skills sets and work/life experiences