Talent Acquisition at Cargill Business Services
Views:509 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Cargill - Audit Consultant - Finance Risk Domain (7-10 yrs)
Business/ Function: Finance
GJC Job Family/ Sub-family : Finance / Audit
Position Title: Audit Consultant - Finance Risk
Position Purpose & Summary :
Cargill corporate audit delivers value-add audits across a highly complex, global organization within risk domains such as Finance, Compliance, Trading, Operations & Supply Chain, Go To Market, Human Resources, Compliance and Strategy. To deliver high value, the audit team consists of highly experienced business and risk leaders (i.e., Audit Consultants) working in multi-discipline teams to assess risk and audit complex business issues. The audit work, insights and results are highly visible to senior leaders across the organization.
As an Audit Consultant, you will assist the Audit Leadership team with meeting the strategic objectives, mission and vision of the audit function. Key responsibilities include assessing business risks, end to end processes, and controls, and creating audit reports for both senior leaders and auditees. Corporate Audit is undergoing a transformation and the successful candidate in this role will be someone who is passionate about leveraging his/her previous experience to help enable the transformation of the audit function.
Corporate Audit provides both leadership and technical development opportunities for team members that are seen as valuable to the organization. The group provides an opportunity to work with a variety of Cargill businesses around the world. You will have exposure to and interaction with all levels of the organization, from understanding how individual contributors execute their roles to briefing senior leaders on audit findings. You will be part of a high-performance team, consisting of individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds and business experiences who have a passion for continuous learning.
This role will be primarily focused on delivering audit projects related to Cargill's Finance risk domain, with additional opportunities to participate in audit projects across other risk domains dependent on project needs. This requires proven, advanced knowledge of Finance processes gained through multiple experiences performing complex operational audits (i.e., non-SOX) and/or managing financial processes within the business.
Principal Accountabilities :
- 60%: Assess, analyze, and report on audit projects you are assigned to through an understanding and analysis of business strategy and leadership interaction. Activities include risk assessment, project management, leading audit projects, and communicating and reporting of findings to senior management.
1. Perform audits:
a) Analyze end-to-end business processes and standards using data analytics.
b) Identify risks within the business and make the connection to why they are important.
c) The document, validate, and communicate audit findings with senior management.
d) Identify opportunities for improvement, sharing best practices including cost avoidance and more efficient utilization of resources.
2. 20%: Provide leadership through leading/coaching project teams, domain expertise or risk/audit expertise. Possible areas of focus could include:
a) Lead a team of peers through the end-to-end delivery of projects and own quality delivery of projects through the successful identification, analysis, and reporting of identified risks in an Audit project.
b) Effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
c) Own Issue monitoring and resolution.
d) Supporting continuous risk assessment.
e) Own a standard audit approach for an area of domain expertise.
f) Provide insights to emerging areas of risk.
g) Develop others in your areas of expertise.
- 20%: Actively participate in the Audit strategic initiatives
a) Champion the use of data analytics to draw conclusions and communicate findings.
b) Identify and participate in continuous improvement of the audit approach aligned with the Audit strategy.
c) Special Projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills :
Minimum Requirements :
- BS or BA degree or equivalent.
- 7 or more years of relevant business experience, of which at least 5 years of internal audit experience
- Internal audit experience must include multiple experiences performing complex operational audits (i.e., non-SOX)
related to Finance such as Sourcing / Procurement, Order-to-Cash, Financial Analysis, and/or Tax.
- Demonstrated successful career growth across at least three levels of progression (e.g., Analyst, Sr. Analyst, Manager)
- Proven success utilizing data and analytics to perform internal audits
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to and assume various roles within a team.
- Ability to communicate and influence at multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple and concurrent priorities.
- Demonstrates initiative, strong judgment, and commitment for results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to travel globally between 30% and 40%.
Preferred Experience :
- Experience managing financial processes (e.g., Sourcing / Procurement, Order-to-Cash, Financial Analysis, Tax) within the business.
- Developing/creating data models for use within internal audit
- Experience in Project Management.
- Proficiency in Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, or other languages.
Other relevant information to the position :
The benefit of this role in Audit is to develop deeper business acumen, leadership skills, and a strategic mindset in future leaders. We also aim to expose future leaders to functions or activities outside their previous experiences to give a more holistic view of the corporate and risk landscape.
Position Contacts / Complexity :
Internal / External Contacts :
1. Enterprise/Group/Function senior leadership :
- Effectively communicate risk assessment and audit findings. Ability to think strategically about complex businesses, scopes and connecting dots between seemingly disparate data points.
2. Employees and leaders at all levels in the organization (auditees) :
- Effectively interact with all levels of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
3. Audit Consultants & Audit Leadership Team :
- Influencing without authority in a flat organization. Providing regular feedback to Audit peers and leaders.
Magnitude / Scope :
Perform audit work across enterprises and functions where Cargill operates