Capex Procurement Lead - Building Materials & Construction Firm (7-14 yrs)
Industry - Construction / Engineering / Cement / Metals
Category - Operations
Skills - Procurement, Purchase, Strategic Sourcing, CAPEX Procurement, Contract Negotiation, Tender Evaluation, Supplier Management
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description - This role will support the development and implementation of sourcing strategies to ensure the seamless availability of materials and services essential to the operational needs of Production India. It is responsible for providing category expertise in the area of capital-intensive goods (CAPEX) such as production machinery, construction works, and operating supplies.
Our client is a global leader in the domain of their business specializing in building materials and construction products. Alongside a global presence, they have an ever-increasing India footprint and they are extremely driven in their effort to become the market leaders in their space in India. They are looking for a strong CAPEX Procurement Lead to manage the CAPEX sourcing requirements of the business.
The incumbent will report to the Head Procurement (APAC) and be responsible for:
- Drive strategic sourcing for the business
- Tender preparation & evaluation by promoting competitive sourcing process by generating and facilitating RFX from suppliers
- Perform risk analysis of tenders on strategic contracts and agreements
- Leading contract negotiation with suppliers to drive optimal pricing, payment terms and inventory returns
- Internal relationship management by acting as a business partner for Production, Operations, Quality, Engineering, and Sales
- Ensuring consistent supplier management across the base
- Manage the existing supplier portfolio
An ideal candidate will come with at least 5-7 years' experience in CAPEX procurement having managed tender evaluation and supplier negotiation. The person must exhibit strong commercial and contractual awareness and excellent negotiation skills. Good technical orientation and a flair to understand the technical specifications to challenge suppliers on the total cost of ownership is desirable.
The person will be responsible for establishing a domestic supplier base and driving strategic sourcing. Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential.
Job Offer :
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work-life balance.
Contact - Swapnil Khetan - +91 (0) 22 4236 3332
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.