Manager HR at Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance
Views:235 Applications:109 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance - Manager - HR Compliance (7-10 yrs)
Role: Statutory Compliances
Designation : Manager - Human Resource
Department/Function: Ops : HR
Direct Reporting : 1 (offroll)
Career Level : 6
# of Direct Reportees : 1
Highest Education: : Graduate / LLB
Location : Gurugram
Experience : 7+ Years
HO/Hub : HO
- Ensure adherence of all statutory compliances which includes Shops & Establishment Registration & renewal, Contract Labour Regulation & Abolishment Act, Minimum wages Act of across all offices of the organization
- Manage inspections, notices etc on the labour compliance front.
- Statutory forms (PF) processing to government authority i.e. PF office
- Manage ESIC Compliances for PAN India
- Sign off related to HR compliances in CMT
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
Key Responsibility Areas :
1. Impact on the Business / Function :
- Ensure all polices, procedure and activities are in accordance with the labour laws i.e Trade License, Shop & Establishment and other statutory matters
- Handling inspection like PF, Contract Labour Act, Shop & Establishments, etc.
- Ensuring compliance in branch office in co-ordination with compliance vendor and centre manager i.e renewal of shop & establishment certificate/ trade license, minimum wages, payment of gratuity act, maternity act, shift of premises etc
2. Customers / Stakeholders :
- Labour inspectors, PF officials etc for inspections and resolution of PF transfer and settlement matters
- Legal & Compliance team for various legal matter pertaining to company and employee- s
3. Leadership & Teamwork: Co-ordination with internal legal and compliance team
4. Operational Effectiveness & Control : To timely report any emerging or inadequately controlled risks and operational risk losses to their line management and the Risk Management Function\
Key Performance Indicators :
1. Financial : No non compliance report or fines
2. Customer : Liaising with legal, finance and Compliance vendor
3. Process : Ensuring timelines for activities are met, as most timelines are non-negotiable due to statutory requirements or pay date
Major Challenges :
- Conflict management - Ability to manage functional / cross-functional issues with discretion and without compromising on the stated goals.
- Changing Priorities - Must deal with changing priorities through structured approach and bring governance around the deliveries in order to meet the organization goals.
- Working with changing priorities and engage users to synthesize user requirements.
- Maintaining visibility on upstream activities to identify potential flaws in code.
Role Context :
- With two verticals reporting into one individual, the need to act and take decisions independently has grown manifold. Minimal supervision only at critical points for statutory compliance
Management & Leadership of Regulatory, Compliance & Operational Risk :
- Report any operational risk or operational risk loss to the line manager and the Risk & Control team immediately if the jobholder becomes aware of emerging or inadequately controlled operational risk or identify an operational risk loss in accordance with Company's Risk policy.
Observation of Internal Controls :
Maintain and observe Company's internal control standards, implement and observe the Company's Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement the Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk and optimising relations with regulators