Assistant Manager - HR at Camp K12
Views:238 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:60
Camp K12 - Senior Finance Manager/Finance Manager - CA (5-8 yrs)
Senior Finance Manager/Finance Manager
Who Are We?
- Hey there were a team from MIT, Harvard, IIT, and TFI bringing K-12 (school) education into the 21st century. We started out as Indias first coding bootcamp for kids back in 2010, and have worked with 100s of schools and orgs like Google, Adobe, IIM Bangalore, IIT Delhi to teach cutting-edge tech to 50,000+ kids in ages 6 - 18.
- Today were scaling online to meet the needs of millions of parents pan-Asia and in the US looking to introduce their kids to crucial 21st-century skills. Were already monetizing in US, India, Singapore, Indonesia, and Spain.
- While most online options replace good teachers with static videos (doesnt work for kids), weve built our very own online platform to enable interactive small-group learning at scale. Our students learn in the presence of LIVE teachers and classmates, from the comfort of their homes, in our gamified virtual classrooms. As they learn, they unlock skills, earn coins, and complete projects that end up on their Camp K12 portfolio think LinkedIn for Kids.
What we are looking for :
- Reporting to the CEO, the Manager Finance & Accounts, will be responsible for overseeing of all finance, accounting and reporting activities.
- The candidate will be involved in supporting presentations to the boards finance and audit committees and will work closely with the senior leadership team.
- The position will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise a team of staff members.
- It will hold functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration.
- The position will also be responsible for ensuring that the systems and procedures are in place to support effective programme implementation and conduct flawless audits.
- The candidate will work closely with Programme leaders and their staff, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures, but also to explore how the finance function can support operations programme.
- In addition, the role will partner with the CEO, Senior Leadership, the Human Resources (HR) and Information Technology (IT) staff to enhance and better integrate finance, HR, and IT functions
- Overseeing all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements;
- Maintaining internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and programme budgets and actual expenditures;
- Coordinating all audit activity
- Consistently analyzing financial data and presenting financial reports in an accurate and timely manner;
- Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress changes and keeps senior leadership abreast of the financial status;
- Assisting leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administering and reviewing
- All financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identifying, explaining and correcting variances as appropriate; environment.
- Supporting the CEO in engaging the board's audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery;
- Overseeing all financial, project/programme and grants accounting; ensuring that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and programme budgets throughout the grant/fund period;
- Collating financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants;
- Managing organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the Programme Heads;
- Collaborating with Programme Heads to assess the financial efficacy of the program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support programme operations;
- Managing and tracking the performance of invested assets, in alignment with the policies and investment guidelines;
- Leveraging strengths of the finance team members; providing clarity on the roles and responsibilities; developing and implementing training programs to maximize and help them reach optimal individual and organizational goals;
- Providing leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; creating and promoting a positive and supportive work environment
You Have :
- A minimum qualification of CA with a few years of work experience start up's building the finance team
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments;
- A track record in grants management; experience in compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is essential;
- Technology savvy with experience in selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software;
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team, with foresight and ability to delegate accordingly;
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners;
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
- Knowledge on FCRA administration;
- Implementation knowledge of ERP systems desirable;
- Experience in leading and coaching a team and working closely with the Organizations
- Leadership/Executive teams are essential: Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to
- Organizations mission: A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who in partnership with the CFO, will take up the responsibility for finance.
Why Camp K12?
- A fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing start-up, scaling across the globe.
- A chance to work with a passionate, driven and fun team and incredible work environment - Fun, Casual and Fast-Paced.