BZAAR - Program Manager - Sourcing (5-8 yrs)
Program Manager Sourcing
About Bzaar :
Bzaar is a 'new age' cross-border platform enabling US retailers to source effortlessly and transparently from India. Unlike the traditional 'buying house' model, we believe that a combination of exceptional talent and technology is the only way to deliver the superlative sourcing experience that global buyers expect today. We are proud to be a young company in an age-old industry - learning fast, pushing the boundaries and gradually rewiring the global trade pipes.
Our talented, high-calibre team is based across India and the US, and has previously worked at top retail, technology and ecommerce companies including Williams-Sonoma, Walmart, William E Connor, Flipkart, and others
Bzaar's sourcing vertical is enabling critical behavioural change in the sourcing industry to deliver three important value propositions a) On time delivery b) Process standardisation and 100% Quality check c) Design Innovation
This is unique opportunity for a person to join and change face of Indian manufacturing landscape and bring at par with the world.
- The program manager will work closely with merchandising managers, factories on ground staff and owners, quality checkers to build a program timelines for every order ( PO) the company gets from the buyers. In this industry adherence to timelines is not given priority as a result buyers in US dont have a full visibility on whats the status of shipments.
- The program manager in order to build program timelines will have to understand in depth what goes into making each product at the factory so as to be able to understand and appreciate every step in production and corresponding timelines.
- The PM has to be co creator of timelines with merchandising and factory teams.
- The role of program manager is to highlight and bring attention of stakeholders about any delays or any future probable cause of failure proactively so that requisite actions can be taken.
- PM has to run daily, weekly and monthly reviews
- PM has to develop adequate processes or follow up mechanisms in order to surface visibility, he should be able to understand any failure points and develop processes around those failure points so that the same is not repeated again.
- The program manager should not be afraid to spend time building checks, processes at the factories
- The person has to be from the operations consulting background having spent 5-8 years in building processes at the factories.
- The person needs to be from top tier engineering colleges
- Stakeholder management is an important skill the person should have.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Successful track record, a strong eye for details and technical experience
- Should be able to hustle
- Should be a logical thinker
- Role requires frequent travel to vendor factories
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.