Byju's - Vice President - Product Management (12-20 yrs)
As a Vice President of Product Management, s/he will be responsible for setting direction and driving major strategic and product initiatives. The incumbent will work closely with the senior leadership to define product strategy, build roadmaps, and lead the product development efforts, and will strive to set the product and the company on a course to stay relevant and valuable in the long term. This role reports to the President - Technology & Product, Pramod Sharma and is based in Bangalore.
- Ensure that the product vision and strategy is communicated seamlessly throughout the organisation
- Own the product roadmap, align the same in line with the overall business strategy in consultation with the management, board members and other key executives. Should be able to demonstrate deep technical and product knowledge and not just be a coordinator
- S/he will lead, define, create a compelling narrative and communicate product strategy to all relevant stakeholders.
- Drive innovation into portfolio and product development process. Collaborate closely with product development leadership.
- Monitor, communicate, and address market trends, opportunities, and competitor strategies
- Work with cross-functional team members to ensure that products are positioned properly in the market by overseeing the commercial deployment of marketing plans, and messaging.
- Recruit, build and mentor great teams of product managers, developers, and related personnel.
- Leverage technical expertise and experience to provide direction, troubleshoot problems and be a natural authority for the team on any technical or product related matters
- Senior leader with proven success in building great products
- Overall experience of around 12-20 years, at least 3 years heading the product management function in a fast growing organisation.
- Strong understanding of the consumer business and experience in having worked in consumer tech companies.
- Must be metrics driven and have a deep understanding of user research, product and technology.
- Must be completely hands-on with willingness to deep dive into any issue to get a resolution.
- Proven results in expanding services and launching new ones - with a good understanding of what this takes operationally to be successful at executing
- Must be detail-oriented and analytical, problem solving, have self-motivated and organized personality that thrives in a data-driven environment
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and builds strong relationships across functions.
- Takes ownership and drives a sense of urgency; highly accountable.
- Excellent - coach- who is results oriented, and can build and motivate high performance teams.
- Ability to work in a diverse and cross-functional environment.