Head - Recruitment at People Realm Recruitment Services
Views:1371 Applications:275 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:267
Buy Side Investment Advisory - Power & Infrastructure Sector - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (2-6 yrs)
Our client is a Specialized investment and advisory firm that unlocks the power of capital for sustainable growth and strong returns in underserved markets. The firm's advisory clients include governments, development finance institutions, private equity firms, Fortune 100 companies, and research institutions.
We are looking to hire an experienced Analyst/Associate to the client's Power and Infrastructure (P&I) Advisory Practice in Mumbai. We are seeking candidates with 2-6 years of relevant experience working in the development or financing of Power and/or Infrastructure projects.
As an Analyst/Associate, you will contribute to all aspects of the P&I Advisory Practice, including business development and transaction advisory, alongside involvement in broader company initiatives. As a member of the team, you will actively contribute to a powerful intervention that has the potential for a significant positive impact on investment into emerging markets, in particular, investment that will improve renewable energy deployment in the regions we operate.
Primary Responsibilities :
1. Providing targeted support to developers of power and infrastructure projects or the public sector to overcome specific barriers they may face in their development process, such as;
A. Supporting complex commercial due diligence assignments
B. Performing market research and developing client-facing recommendations
C. Sourcing qualified investors
D. Advising on the structuring and deployment of innovative financing solutions
E. Performing sensitivity analyses and stress testing to examine impacts on valuation
F. Supporting the team in project and/or competitive procurement structuring and risk mitigation, financial modeling, drafting of investment memorandums, and capital raising
2. Prepare presentations with business plans, explanation of management structure, competitive landscape, and financial projection to recommend strategies focusing on renewable energy markets in South Asia
3. Conducting market, geographic landscape, macroeconomic, regulatory, national policy, and operational assessments
4. Create reporting templates and lead internal and external reporting requirements relating to ongoing work and the team's transaction advisory pipeline. Reporting on the progress of all projects on a bi-weekly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc basis and preparing slide decks for status updates to counterparties as needed
5. Maintenance of proprietary transaction tracker and research on sector investment trends
6. Supporting business development through proactive opportunity sourcing and relationship building, including executing technical and financial proposals
7. Preparing meeting notes/minutes from engagements with external counterparties
Required Experience & Skill Sets
- 2-4 years of experience working in the Project Finance or Power and/or Infrastructure team at one or more of the following: a specialist advisor, a renewable energy/infrastructure developer with a sizable project portfolio, top-tier infrastructure fund, a development finance institution, a lender, or an investment bank
- An MBA degree from a top tier institute - Mandatory
- Experience working in emerging markets; South Asia would be strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically, and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Excellent strategic writing and presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Excellent quantitative skills; ability to apply analytical rigor to complex and uncertain tasks
- Ability to split focus on multiple responsibilities and prioritize time appropriately
- Comfort with ambiguity; able to adapt to ever-changing markets and maintain an updated understanding of how to operate in each market
- Understanding of project management principles and ability to manage complex combinations of concurrent workstreams
- Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.