Business Manager - Agriculture (1-3 yrs)
- Develop support programs to strengthen chosen value chains and oversee the execution of value chains
- Facilitate the promotion of linkages among value chains, larger businesses, private financiers and govt. agencies.
- Technical supervision of annual work planning process and development of program activities
- Supervise value chain assessments and oversee the value chain selection process. This includes developing scopes of work, providing leadership and mentoring to the local technical team
- Design activities to increase agricultural production and market linkages that lead to increased profitability of enterprises. This includes the development and implementation of upgrading plans in targeted value chains with a focus on improving productivity and net revenues;
- He/She will need to support the specialist or regional team with research and analysis; and lead communication with stake-holders in building the development eco-system.
- Developing materials, presentations, organizing events and meetings to present the value chain development plans and idea
- Develop SOPs for business operations to be taken up by the Producer Enterprises including procurement, logistics, storage, materials management, financial management, value addition, marketing/trading
- To participate and input necessary strategies and tools to position the organizations for high performance
- Building relationships with identified knowledge partners, also developing mechanisms for knowledge capture
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree Agriculture and allied, food technology, commerce or other relevant fields.
- MBA in Agribusiness/Rural Management from an institution of repute or a Chartered Accountant
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience in agri-business with a reputed company of which at least 1 year should be in field level engagements in agriculture sourcing or in food processing.
- Strong business skills - financial analysis, operations management, supply chain management, market analysis
- Ability to identify business opportunities in scale
- Development of business plans including market analysis, business model, financial projections and other relevant skills required for bankable business plan development
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management
- Are able to work independently to structure complex problems, develop business plans and, support recommendations with data / analysis
- Excellent computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) are required.
Other: Fluency in English and Hindi is required
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.