Business Head - Media Conglomerate (12-15 yrs)
Work with one of the largest media houses in India, take your career to a new high with the global exposure and experience.
Our client is among the top 3 most trusted newspapers in India, read by more than 30 million Indians. It is one of the most renowned names in Indian media especially across North India. They also host a multitude of media initiatives like Print, Digital, TV, Events and Radio Stations covering various states in the country to connect better with the locals. Their website is one of the fastest growing digital news sites, where they have shown a growth in audience by around 200% in tier 2 and 3 cities and towns in India.
The 6 decade old media house was founded by a fearless and famous journalist and writer who has been felicitated with many literary awards. Currently led by a team of experts and media professionals at its CXO levels, the publishing house has expanded to many digital and offline businesses under its roof, providing employment to thousands in India. They have kept the flag high with their journalistic values and quality coverage of events throughout the world.
As a Business Head, you will build the business plan, drive Business growth and manage P&L for the new business.
What you will do:
- Recruiting and building a team for the new business
- Building the distribution and logistics network in India in the Modern Trade markets
- Developing the pricing policy for multiple channels and geographies
- Negotiating terms of trade with Key accounts and Institutional businesses
- Guiding and reviewing as a business Head to other functions like Marketing, Product Development, Logistics etc to function optimally
What you need to have:
- MBA / PGDM
- At least 14 years of experience (Maturity in handling and building a team)
- Should have worked/working in FMCG Foods (or non foods) in domestic market (Understanding of India markets and channels)
- Multi-functional experience is a key requirement apart from Sales experience. -marketing, trade marketing, operations etc.(Ability to adapt/ strategic thinking)
- Having built a new business / businessvertical is key (Understanding of P&L / Ability to execute/ build)
- Start-up / mid-sized company experience is a plus (Ability to work in unstructured environments)