Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:3291 Applications:694 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Business Head - Government Segment - Education - EMEA (15-20 yrs)
Business Head - Government K12 Education - EMEA
Job Role : Business Head K12
(Western Expats Preferred)
Reports To : CEO/ Chairman
About the client :
Our client is a large UAE Head Quartered multinational group providing a broad portfolio of Education, Energy, Agro and Natural Resources solutions to its clients in Africa, UAE, Europe and APAC Region
Their initiatives have helped build long-term relationships with communities and stakeholders in all the countries. The end result is in the form of customized, impactful solutions that are scalable and can withstand the test of time.
About the Role :
- Deliver profit and other corporate goals in K12 education for Government projects in various countries of Africa, South East Asia, and East Europe.
Key Performance Areas :
- Prospecting, convincing the ministerial level professionals including the concerned bureaucracy about the company's products & solutions in K12 education and implementing the project for the Governments on a turn-key basis
- Be responsible for the profit of this business vertical
- Create a robust suite of products and solutions (including but not limited to the offerings for STEM, Teacher Training, Assessment) for the business vertical mapped to needs of the various markets
- Draw up a strategic business plan based on the market understanding of various African countries and their governments
- Enhance collaborations and partnerships with various academic institutions and technical service providers
- Define a quarterly execution and operational plan for the achievement of goals by defining monthly, quarterly and yearly business goals
- Manage a team of content creators, business development and sales professionals, pre-sales professionals, Business Solution Experts.
- Conduct Gap analysis, feasibility studies and work out a detailed costing
- Financial bid preparation and bid management
- Work with cross-functional teams of Finance, HR, Business Development, Procurement and Construction
- Be responsible for the appointment of staff for operational purposes
- Lead the team from the front, be hands-on and create a culture of accountability and responsibility
- Regularly monitor the performance of the schools, both academic and financial
- Ensure that country-specific K12 education goals are being met and report the same to the leadership and the bureaucracy of the country
- Make the Group as the company of 1st choice for Governments in Africa, Asia and the Middle East for K12 education.
- Work in a project mode to deliver the goals to the governments of various African countries
- Risk mitigation and bring in the best of structured processes.
Competencies and Skills Required :
- Ability to build the business from scratch and be responsible for P & L of the entire business unit.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Ability to deal with unknown environments and challenges.
- Diversity candidate: European preferred.
- Willing to travel extensively to African countries.
- Proven ability to manage a large team of direct and indirect reportees.
- Committed to staying long term in Dubai.
- Must understand the K12 system of education, ability to adapt the same for the requirements given by various government bodies in Africa.
- Must stay abreast of the latest developments in education technology solutions.
- Develop a partner base to support the company's current and future offerings in the K12 sector.
- Africa and Government experience are essential.
- Must have demonstrated commitment and passion, fire in the belly, willingness to work with a small company to make it big, Excellent communication skills (TED Speaker level), work in an unstructured environment with multiple uncertainties.
- Values-driven, strong executive presence, accountable and considered decision-maker.
- Graduate, preferably a postgraduate
- 15 to 20 years of experience in K12
Budget : 40,000-50,000 Aed Per month
Job Location : Dubai, UAE