Founder at Sustainable Employerism HR Solutions
Views:424 Applications:112 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:73
Business Growth Lead - NGO (4-10 yrs)
Job Title : Business Growth Lead
Areas of Expertise: Business growth Strategy, Banking, Rural Banking, Micro-finance, Rural Lending, Entrepreneurship
Location : Delhi and Uttarakhand (Must be willing to be based out of Uttarakhand for 1-year period)
Experience : 4 to 10 Years
- We are Hiring a Business Growth Lead for our Not for Profit Client who are a movement of women workers in the informal economy, working towards self-reliance and full empowerment. Over 48 years, 1.7 million women in India across 18 states have become members of this decentralized, grassroots movement. Their objective is to expand the movement across India and build a national identity, and to support individuals in their journey as towards autonomy.
- The client have promoted over 140 collectively-owned social enterprises over 48 years of its existence. They have now setup an Enterprise Support System (ESS) to help these social enterprises scale, become sustainable and replicate their model. This is a team of specialists in strategy, marketing, communications, fundraising and compliance. The ESS is supporting 5 enterprises in focus over a period of three years; one of them is the client.
About the role :
The Client is a network of ~100 business correspondents, majority women, based in Uttarakhand and Punjab and working with clients like SBI and Payworld. During the lockdown, The Client's transaction volumes rose 1.5x and it has since maintained the increase. Their aim is to enable access to financial services to all women in the informal economy, through an approach of training women themselves to become financial agents. In addition to this, they run a solar light's marketing, financing and servicing business in Bihar which is currently getting restructured.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
1) Leading Business Growth for the client's Business Correspondence wing
- Scoping the current business and potential opportunity in existing client locations
- Developing a strategy for business growth focused on expanding within Uttarakhand and Punjab, and any other states where client's members are present
- Accountable for increasing revenue, getting the client to be net profit positive, increase income earned per Business Correspondence, increasing atleast 70% of agents are women.
- Add more bank or non-bank partners to which the client can provide BC services
2) Managing the Clients's Business Correspondents team
- Responsible to manage the whole team managing business correspondents, including sales, operations, finance and accounts, CSPs themselves and any other function
- Restructure the team as needed to enable better performance
3) Fundraising for growth capital
- Developing enterprise readiness for receiving debt, equity or other forms of non-grant capital
- Finding the right form of capital to support growth of the client
Education and Experience:
- 4 to 10 years of work experience in a similar role
- Strong industry knowledge of micro-finance and rural lending
- Graduation/ post-graduation from a tier 1 institution is preferred (with background in finance and management)
- Strong command over Hindi and English would be a pre-requisite
Location & Travel: Based in Delhi with an initial few months in Uttarakhand which is the base of most operations. We would also prefer candidates who are open to being based out of Uttarakhand permanently (at least one year). There will be travel within the state and on need basis, outside the state, when situation is conducive to travel.