Business Finance Lead - AgriTech (5-7 yrs)
Business Finance Lead | Pioneering Agritech Company
Our client is a Bengaluru-based agritech startup focusing on aggregating small farms on a profit-sharing model. Founded by four IITians in 2020, it is India's No.1 B2B marketplace for fruits. It increases the net earnings of partner farmers by leveraging technology across different stages of the farming cycle like crop planning, access to quality inputs and finally selling their harvest to the right buyers. This VC funded startup has raised more than $40 million from top tier investors.
It is truly simplifying farming and increasing the land utilization for far.
As a business finance lead, you will be Managing and supporting the financial performance of the BU preparing short term and long-term forecasts to achieve financial objectives, and relay requirements to BU Head in line with BU objectives
What you will do:
- Coordinating with senior management, category leads and preparing annual budgets to meet business goals; constructively participate in monthly business reviews & drive actions from those Reviews
- Deep-dive into the periodic business results & coming up with key business insights w.r.t revenue, margins & costs, inventory, working capital, capex in the form of monthly Business MIS report vs Plan & Monthly forecast for each business category - Much deep-dived root cause analysis of variances
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies; developing appropriate customer profiling mix to maximize profits during various seasons, deliver data-driven recommendations.
- Validating cost sheets to ensure all costs are captured correctly considering the actual costs likely to be incurred
- Running the special projects within Finance for variance analysis, automation, better business analysis & insights & system controls, process changes etc
- Improving finance collaboration & business partnering with all Categories; seen as finance business partner - supportive & challenging
- Evaluating financial feasibility of new projects in terms of ROI, payback period, IRR, NPV etc
- Identify opportunities to improve the working capital and cash flows and driving implementation of the same with the Management team
- Negotiating the commercials for new contracts entered evaluating the key aspects, what could go wrongs, reviewing the business case etc. to make overall financial sense
- Ad-hoc analysis / reporting as may be required by the management
What you need to have:
- Must be an analytical thinker with an eye for detail and a probing mindset
- Proficiency in handling multiple data points with moving variables
- Having a due diligence background would be preferred
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment and deliver results as per the requirements off the business
- A positive approach, willing to contribute to business and an open mindset
- Proficient in Excel and Power-point