consultant at birchtree consulting
Views:378 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Business Development Role - Real Estate (14-25 yrs)
Job description of Business Development
Market & Competition Management :
- Identify emerging high street & new upcoming malls and check the option to sign stores on long lease at low rental.
- Create database of all the franchisee list of various brands by locations that can be tapped for consideration to propose franchisee option.
- In the shortlisted cities, list of franchisee who are interested to take up franchise & prepare tracker of progress on closure and list of agents engaged.
- Build visibility of market size of new markets with list of brands available, carpet area, occupancy cost and sales performance.
New Stores Planning :
- Prepare the priority list of locations where stores can open
- Tracker from shortlisted property to feasibility study to signing (Landlord / Franchisee) to store opening.
- Collaborate with other brands (Zivame, Kushals etc) that are non-competing possibility to open jointly in selective locations depending on the availability.
- On an ongoing basis interact with business development heads of other brands to understand various markets size, rents, sales performances in each mall/highlights.
Existing stores Commercial Management :
- Anchor new store opening meetings for all signed off locations (New store opening - NSO)
- Interface & follow up with cross functional meetings on a weekly basis & update the progress. And highlight the delays if any to the Top Management
- Visibility of stores wise occupancy cost, next due on renewal date, %age of occupancy costs, list of stores where re-negotiation needs to be planned & approached for correction.
- Clarity on payments rendered to each store & current outstanding, if any
- Build relationship with all the Malls/Stores (Mall Management, Owners)
- Closely work with Legal & Finance team to standardise LOI & Agreement formats
- Understand clauses of the existing stores in terms of Lock-in, exit clauses and escalation
- Legal compliances
Store Closure :
- If in case a store needs to be closed, prepare closure feasibility repose & communicate to all the stake holders including Mall Management / Owners
- Follow up on all the activity to ensure we close the stores timely & avoid dead rents
- Full & final settlement to be signed off for each closed store.
- Propose relocations or subleasing part of the area options in case the current location is not viable for the existing sales throughputs.
FOFO/COFO model presentation :
- Prepare presentation addressing all the FAQs for each model
- Frame LOI with clarity of scope of work by Franchisee and get the tentative capex signed off by Franchisee. Incorporate exit clauses benefiting the company if in case the franchisee delays or back out of the deal. Also prepare agreementthat needs to be signed off by top management and ensure the franchisee.
- Create videos, snaps, carpet area and sales of all relevant brands in the market for each location.