Owner at Career Advantage Human Resources & Services
Views:1577 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Business Analytics & Data Modelling (2-6 yrs)
Position: Analyst – Business Analytics
Reporting to: Manager - Business Analytics
Location: Gurgaon, India
Seeking professionals to work as Analyst in Analytics and Data Modelling domain.
Business Analytics Unit Overview:
Business Analytics (BA) capability has been seeded within Transaction & Restructuring (T&R) function to drive greater accuracy and add analytical horsepower in areas around sales forecasting, product profitability, working capital analysis, etc. BA unit is expected to work across different advisory functions of such as T&R, Performance & Technology, and Risk & Compliance.
Our work includes:
- Work effectively with personnel from a variety of disciplines (Clients,advisory teams in different geographies such as US, UK, Europe) to provide data driven advisory solutions to a wide variety of business challenges / problems
- Application of statistical analysis solutions to complex and diverse client problems; and
- Work in a fast paced environment with short turn around to support real time decision making
- Understand complex business issues, business processes & risks and help determine how internal and external data can be used (in connection with analytical procedures) to perform investigations, resolve problems and generate insights, in the process creating value for clients globally
- Interact directly with clients (and other internal and external stakeholders) to obtain relevant data and other documents
- Use appropriate data preparation techniques like imputation of missing values, Initial data exploration including data visualization / measurement levels or scales / variable reduction / transformation / recoding / binning
- Assess data accuracy and reasonableness and follow-up directly with clients to gain necessary understanding and to resolve anomalies
- Proactively set-up and lead meetings / phone calls with the stakeholders for obtaining clarifications, resolving issues, communicating progress and post-delivery de-brief and feedback
- Identify relationships in disparate data, resolve discrepancies and integrate it into consolidated functional databases
- Perform sophisticated analyses on large and complex data and then follow-up with internal and external stakeholders to discover transaction patterns.
- Examine financial data, filter for targeted information, resolve issues and meet project objectives
- Develop analytical reports that are accurate, concise and clearly understood by stakeholders who may have little understanding of data and related tools and techniques; and
- Effectively summarize and present procedure, assumptions and conclusions
- Practice leaders
- Business units and engagement teams
- member firms
- Industry bodies
- Other stakeholders
Candidate profile: To succeed in this demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following experience and skills: -
2 to 3 years of experience executing Analytics / Data modelling services
- Hands-on experience building highly customizable Excel based (Excel 2010, 2007, 2003) models (Stand-alone, Integrated and Statistical models)
- Hands on experience of working on statistical packages such as SAS, SQL, SPSS etc.
- Strong understanding of databases and data manipulation (Data cleansing, aggregation and summary)
- Experience working in Finance & Accounting related data is highly preferred
- Strong team player, organised with the ability to plan and prioritise, adaptable, open to change and continuously seeking opportunities to improve systems, processes and methods.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build effective networks internally and externally
- Degree in Engineering / Statistics / Maths
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.