Business Analyst - IT (5-9 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Gathers business and technical requirements utilizing interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Documents business and technical specifications ensuring documentation is kept up to date and relevant.
- Maps attributes to source including identification and documentation of transformation algorithms as necessary
- Generates cohesive documentation of: Business processes/process maps (As Is - To Be), functional and technical specifications and use cases
- Performs gap analysis of policies, processes, and capabilities against frameworks or desired target states
- Assist with roadmap creation, including the conduct and incorporation of prioritization, dependency / successor analysis, and resourcing
- Develops data dictionaries, source to target data mappings, and business glossary by working with the Data SME and Business stakeholders
- Develops business rules to assist with data acquisition, data integration and data quality monitoring
- Gathers and documents existing reports, analysis and data access requirements
- Assess and document the structure, quality and conformance of source data
- Initiates analysis to identify data inconsistencies and resolve in order to raise the level of data integrity
- Identifies, analyzes and interprets trends or patterns found within data and makes recommendations for business and process improvement
- Communicates consistently with other team members, leadership and clients outlining status, risks, issues and key decisions
- Assist tech lead and developers with addressing business and data related questions and concerns
- Coordinates with Project Managers and participates in project planning
- Perform feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project manager to prioritizes deliverables
- Acts as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Creates reports as required to support stakeholders and project team
Education & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in Analyst role
- 5+ years of consulting experience strongly preferred
Practical experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Data Integration/Movement
- Business Intelligence
- Data Quality
- Cloud Platforms
- Master Data Management
- Big Data
- Data Governance
- Business and Data Analysis
- Data Modeling
- Extensive experience in identifying and documenting business requirements in a data management environment, including use of joint application design facilitation or other requirements gathering techniques
- Experience working with business and IT functions in a variety of corporate cultures, as both an employee and consultant, is preferred
- Experienced working with multiple levels of client personnel to gather information, validate analysis, and make recommendations
- Experience developing business case for recommendations
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- Excellent organizational and analytic abilities
- Effective decision-making skills
- Knowledge of data management industry (DW, BI, BD, Cloud, MDM, DG, DQ, Data Modeling).
- Knowledge of Hadoop / Python / SAS / SQL, Migration to Big Data platform from Legacy systems.
- Leverage general business experience with knowledge to convert high level business objectives into functional and technical requirements and specifications
- Ability to consult with functional leaders to understand business objectives in order to design optimized data solutions.
- Must be able to facilitate and guide discovery and design sessions with business SME's and technical leads.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage dependencies.
- Ability to lead group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Strong internal communication skills including ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated work ethic, focus and self-discipline.
- Is effective in a variety of formal project and external presentation/meeting settings: one-on-ones, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and superiors..
- Knowledge and understanding of data quality concepts.
- Excels in a fast paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms and complex business concepts in technical terms