Senior Consultant at Huquo
Views:1002 Applications:260 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Business Analyst - IT (5-9 yrs)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Gathers business and technical requirements utilizing interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Documents business and technical specifications ensuring documentation is kept up to date and relevant.
- Maps attributes to source including identification and documentation of transformation algorithms as necessary
- Generates cohesive documentation of: Business processes/process maps (As Is - To Be), functional and technical specifications and use cases
- Performs gap analysis of policies, processes, and capabilities against frameworks or desired target states
- Assist with roadmap creation, including the conduct and incorporation of prioritization, dependency / successor analysis, and resourcing
- Develops data dictionaries, source to target data mappings, and business glossary by working with the Data SME and Business stakeholders
- Develops business rules to assist with data acquisition, data integration and data quality monitoring
- Gathers and documents existing reports, analysis and data access requirements
- Assess and document the structure, quality and conformance of source data
- Initiates analysis to identify data inconsistencies and resolve in order to raise the level of data integrity
- Identifies, analyzes and interprets trends or patterns found within data and makes recommendations for business and process improvement
- Communicates consistently with other team members, leadership and clients outlining status, risks, issues and key decisions
- Assist tech lead and developers with addressing business and data related questions and concerns
- Coordinates with Project Managers and participates in project planning
- Perform feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project manager to prioritizes deliverables
- Acts as the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Creates reports as required to support stakeholders and project team
Education & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in Analyst role
- 5+ years of consulting experience strongly preferred
Practical experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Data Integration/Movement
- Business Intelligence
- Data Quality
- Cloud Platforms
- Master Data Management
- Big Data
- Data Governance
- Business and Data Analysis
- Data Modeling
- Extensive experience in identifying and documenting business requirements in a data management environment, including use of joint application design facilitation or other requirements gathering techniques
- Experience working with business and IT functions in a variety of corporate cultures, as both an employee and consultant, is preferred
- Experienced working with multiple levels of client personnel to gather information, validate analysis, and make recommendations
- Experience developing business case for recommendations
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- Excellent organizational and analytic abilities
- Effective decision-making skills
- Knowledge of data management industry (DW, BI, BD, Cloud, MDM, DG, DQ, Data Modeling).
- Knowledge of Hadoop / Python / SAS / SQL, Migration to Big Data platform from Legacy systems.
- Leverage general business experience with knowledge to convert high level business objectives into functional and technical requirements and specifications
- Ability to consult with functional leaders to understand business objectives in order to design optimized data solutions.
- Must be able to facilitate and guide discovery and design sessions with business SME's and technical leads.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage dependencies.
- Ability to lead group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Strong internal communication skills including ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated work ethic, focus and self-discipline.
- Is effective in a variety of formal project and external presentation/meeting settings: one-on-ones, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and superiors..
- Knowledge and understanding of data quality concepts.
- Excels in a fast paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms and complex business concepts in technical terms
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.