TA Manager at British Safety Council
Views:164 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
British Safety Council - Account Manager - Sales (4-7 yrs)
Account Manager - Sales
Job Title - Account Manager
Company Name - British Safety Council
Location - Mumbai
Reporting to National Sales Manager
Employment - Full time / Permanent
Primary Job Purpose :
Responsible for :
- Proactively own the British Safety Council's commercial performance and brand reputation across allocated sales territories and for the wider market
- To acquire and develop new accounts, and grow the income (revenue) from an allocated portfolio of existing key accounts, for the entire range of British Safety Council's products and services
- To identify and engage with key decision makers across new and existing accounts, with the objective of building long-term sustainable business relationships
- To effectively manage various account types (Public, Private, Multi-National companies etc) by formulating and executing new business and account development plans
- To achieve monthly, quarterly and annual individual sales targets for new and existing accounts across all product streams, in the most cost-effective way
Brief Description of Tasks :
1. Achieve targeted income (revenue) over every reporting period across product streams, at agreed contribution (cost of sale) margins.
2. Provide clients with high quality insight to the British Safety Council's products/services and gain their commitment for engaging with the entire (HSE) portfolio.
3. Build, maintain and share a comprehensive understanding of the client's business activity, market needs and competitive environment
4. Build and effectively manage the sales pipeline for each product type, to support the consistent achievement of sales targets.
5. Maximize the potential of new business from organizations that have never traded with the British Safety Council.
6. Represent the British Safety Council to external and internal customers consistent with company brand values.
7. Build long-term sustainable business relationships with senior-level decision makers to increase the sales opportunity.
8. Role model and champion the right approach with sales best practices and processes such as (but not limited to) pipeline management, CRM use, sales activity planning/delivery and sales forecasting.
9. Proactively embed the use of the CRM (Salesforce) in day-to-day sales functions and consistently follow sales best practices and processes.
10. Manage overall sales contribution by formulating and executing structured sales development plans for new business, accounts and products.
11. Contribute to medium and long-term planning as appropriate. Identify and research potential for new and enhanced products for the Indian market place.
12. To identify, target and win large (projects) opportunities; Be well conversant in bidding and winning tender based opportunities
13. Collaborate with internal departments to offer clients the highest service levels and customer-oriented solutions.
14. Manage own time and travel costs in line with the Company Business Plan ensuring business development visits are effectively planned and marketed.
15. To uphold the BSC safety policy and terms and conditions of employment.
16. Health & Safety : To understand and carry out your own health and safety responsibilities in accordance with the management objective and to discuss your level of competence with your manager at least once a year
Person Specification :
Skills & Qualifications :
- Demonstrate commercial credibility and gravitas to influence at senior levels
- Ability to demonstrate strong sales achievement working to targets and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Excellent organization, time management skills and ability to prioritize always
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience of competing for and winning large tender opportunities
- Experience using a CRM, ideally Salesforce
- Ability to take decisions based on strong commercial awareness
- Strong negotiation skills, at all decision levels
- Strong presentation skills; Excellent IT skills
- Ability to network and build relationships internally and externally
- Excellent ability to prioritize competing tasks with strong time management skills.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in a business subject
- Qualification(s) related to Health & Safety or Management systems and Education
- Experience of growing business in new markets through sales turnover in a multi-channel environment
- Expertise in identifying, bidding and winning tender based opportunities
- Experience in managing large contracts
- Experience of creating sales messages and targeting to improve enquiry and lead conversion
- Experience of delivering profitable results in a corporate solution selling environment
- Experience of setting and achieving challenging objectives
- Experience of working in a field-based team utilizing internal support functions
- Experience of budget-setting and cost management
- Experience in key account and business development project management
- 5 years key account management experience
- 5 years selling experience in a Health & Safety related industry
- Experience of developing strategic partnerships and relationships to meet income (revenue) aspirations in a professional B2B organization
Behavior Competence :
- Credible and professional
- Commercially aware with strong business acumen
- Numerate and focused on results with ability to focus on the 'big' picture; Ability to make balanced judgments
- Target and sales data driven
- Behaviors detailed in the corporate behavioral framework