Assistant Manager - Recruitments & Staffing at British Council Management Services
Views:3852 Applications:496 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
British Council - Senior Manager - Presales & Consulting - Shared Services (8-12 yrs)
Job Description :
Job Title : Senior Manager - Presales and Consulting - Shared Services
Directorate or Region : BCMS
Department/Country : Shared Services Centre
Location of post : Noida
Pay Band : 8
Reports to :
Functional Reporting : Lead Shared Services Solutioning CoE
Direct Reporting : Head Innovation Lab
Duration of job : Permanent
Purpose of job :
1. To help support the British Council's Shared Services agenda
2. To deliver value, broadly in the following areas:
I. Presales for Shared Services - work with internal customers to prepare a holistic solution for delivery of business processes or functional processes using shared services in the shared services centre.
II. Consulting - help deliver short term consulting projects, which could be based on pure expert advice or on cost charge back basis, whichever is applicable.
Context and environment : (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
- The British Council is the UK's leading cultural relations organisation. It creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide.
- The British Council currently has a single Shared Services Centre (SSC), which was set up in July 2010 to provide services to rest of the network from a centralised location. The SSC is currently based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- Over the last 7 years, services currently delivered from the SSC have stabilised and there is growing ask within the parent organisation to expand the services delivered through shared services arrangements.
- As per a recent mandate, a Shared Services Solutioning CoE is being set up to support the British Council network in envisaging and preparing the shared services solutions.
- To help support this agenda from SSC in Noida, Head Innovation Lab is looking for a smart, independent, self-believing and self-starting professional who has experience of designing and developing holistic shared services solutions. More details in the subsequent sections.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion :
- The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
- We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of gender, including transgender, marital status, sexual identity, religion and belief, political opinion, race, work pattern, age, disability or HIV/AIDS status, socio-economic background, spent convictions, trade union activity or membership, on the basis of having or not having dependants, or any other irrelevant grounds.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties (including people management and finance) :
I. Presales for Shared Services
a. Has a sound understanding of Shared Services environment from an operations / consulting perspective.
b. Has experience in Shared Services solution consulting and solution development across horizontal functions such as HR, Procurement, Customer Services and/or business processes
c. Has independently led end to end solutioning cycle for shared services opportunities including interviewing stakeholders, reviewing business processes, etc to establish scope of work
d. Is able to develop solution options for stakeholders and communicate value proposition of delivering through shared services
e. Deliver presentations, conduct research and competitive analysis associated with new shared services opportunities
f. Has acquired skills and developed tools for faster development and delivery of solutions to relevant stakeholders
g. Is willing to educate and operate in a consultative manner with stakeholders and is keen to host/ manage key visits of stakeholders
h. Is open and willing to operate as an individual contributor and an exceptional team player
II. Consulting :
a. Setup/co-facilitate/lead short term strategic projects for SSC
b. Help shape / contribute to SSC strategy
c. Setup/co-facilitate/lead short term strategic projects for the British Council
d. Help shape / contribute to the British Council strategy
Key relationships :
(1) Functional Reporting: Lead Shared Services Solutioning CoE
(2) Direct Reporting to the Head Innovation Lab
Other important features or requirements of the job :
- Some travel to overseas British Council offices depending on project requirements.
Creating shared purpose : Creating energy and clarity so that people want to work purposefully together
Connecting With Others (More demanding) : Actively appreciating the needs and concerns of myself and others.
Working together (Most demanding) : Creating the environment in which others who have different aims can work together.
Making It Happen (Most demanding) : Achieving stretching results when faced by change, uncertainty or major obstacles. These behaviours will be needed to be successfully carried out for the role, but will not be assessed for recruitment purposes
Skills and Knowledge :
- Experience in Pre Sales and Solutioning for Shared Services
- Experience of working in In- House Captives or SSC
- Experience of working in consulting organisation on shared services
- Preferably from a Shared Services or Consulting background
- 10+ years of total work experience with significant time spent in presales and solutioning for shared services
- Engineering and/or MBA Graduate having 8-12 years of experience in SSC Operations / Pre-Sales / SSC Practice Consulting within Shared Services domain at reputed technology or consulting organisations. Desirable Short listing
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.