British Council - HR Business Partner (8-10 yrs)
Purpose of job:
The main purpose of this job is to support Sr. Manager HR in implementing the HR strategy and plan for delivery teams. The role holder is required to work closely with Heads of delivery functions in SSC as HR business partner for various teams.
The HR business partner position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in the delivery function. This position acts as a consultant to business on HR related issues and partners with business to deliver value added service to the function.
The main priorities of the post are
- Support business from HR perspective in achieving their business goals.
- Act as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business, its culture and its competition.
Context and environment:
This profile is a part of HR function. This function is responsible to support the Business Unit to develop and implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion:
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of gender, including transgender, marital status, sexual identity, religion and belief, political opinion, race, work pattern, age, disability or HIV/AIDS status, socio-economic background, spent convictions, trade union activity or membership, on the basis of having or not having dependants, or any other irrelevant grounds.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
The HRBP is responsible for supporting the below mentioned initiatives :
- Work with the senior management and HR CoE team to implement policies and processes as part of employee life cycle.
- Implement people projects and initiatives for delivery function.
- Participate and lead on cross functional change management projects.
- Act as single point of contact for internal stakeholders.
- Support the business leaders on workforce planning, succession planning and building the right capability to deliver the objectives.
- Provide on-going support and coaching to the leadership team on human resources related matters, policies and procedures.
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee related issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties interests.
- Partner with leaders to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
- Review and analyse HR dashboards and build linkages with business metrics to recommend improvements.
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues fairly, representing all interests.
- Keep HR processes in complete compliance.
- Analyse staff survey for delivery function, build and implement plans to improve the scores.
- Work with delivery teams to assess, create and implement innovative diverse employee engagement initiatives.
- Ensure that their workforce are aware of the information security policies and comply with them
- Ensures that the team complies to ISO 27001 and IGA related requirements
- Send account opening requests effectively
- Disable accounts immediately for leavers and Absconders /on long leaves
- Document and monitor / review access levels of his/her team
- Provide security awareness and education to team
- Manage Records to ensure compliance to Freedom of information act
- Ensure incidents of their respective functions are closed within SLAs
- Head - HR
- Head of Departments
- Global Stakeholders
- Corporate HR team
- Staff in the delivery teams
Other important features or requirements of the job
1) May require to work extended hours during Business continuity situations/ planning sessions
2) The person should be comfortable working in 24/7 shifts
Please specify any passport/visa and/or nationality requirement. Passport Required
Please indicate if any security or legal checks are required for this role. Yes - Background check required
Person Specification :
- Behaviours Connecting with others
- Working together
- Being accountable
- Shaping the future
- Making it Happen
- Creating shared purpose
- These behaviours will be needed to be successfully carried out for the role, but will not be assessed for recruitment purposes
Skills and Knowledge - Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of best practices in HR processes and systems
- Strong knowledge of Human resources framework and policies
- People and Stakeholder management
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
Experience - 8 to 10 years of experience in HR domain with minimum 3 to 4 years as HRBP
Qualifications Professional HR qualification from a recognised institution. MBA HR