Britannia - Product Manager (3-5 yrs)
Educational Qualification : MBA/ Graduation
Experience: 3-5 years post MBA
Key Responsibilities :
Business Planning :
- Work closely with the category head in the process of building a brand strategy and managing the annual planning process for the brand including budgets, forecasts, etc.
Brand Communication :
- Work closely with the Category head in the process of creating communication strategies for the brand including advertisements, modes, content, consumer activations, contests, and promotions.
- Helps execute projects (including contests, on ground implementation with agencies, seating) of marketing properties/promotion events e.g. Filmfare
Brand Commercials :
- Advertising & sales promotion spends: Supervise the A&SP spends at a product and sub-product level with approval from the Category head and the Marketing head. Largely responsible for dispensing of funds
- Lead the process by understanding competition and identifying opportunities for a price increase or decrease.
- Responsible for profitability of each brand in the portfolio by working along with the commercial team.
- Suggest solutions on Pricing or pack sizes and get approvals from the operational team for the same
- Lead the project of price reduction along with the Technical team
Brand Innovation :
- Works closely with the GPM on preparing the 3-year strategy and annual brand plans on products to be launched
- Is a part of a project team on consumer research (along with the CMI) to generate qualitative and quantitative insights on the taste and texture of a product and analyze consumer response
- Prepares concept note and prepare draft charter with the help of assigned multifunctional resources on packaging development.
- Follow up with Legal to check on Branding, Claims, and Artwork. Lead the consumer validation of the concept sample.
- Provide design artworks for development.
- Draft briefs for the market research agency for consumer research related to the Brand. Prepare QRE's based on the objective.
- Provide inputs into a selection of respondents and participates in research & provides feedback to R&D on research results
Brand Operations :
- Leads management of creative and media agencies for all promotions/advertisements
- Coordinates with the supply chain on a new product launch for inputs on new material, new laminates to be sourced, etc.
- For launch and re-launch, provides a channel-wise activation plan (including which outlets, where the product should be placed, how much to be placed, etc.)
Market and competitive insights :
- Leads projects on Market and competitive insights (including market share for each product, the presence of competition in similar brands, opportunities for extension, etc.), supervised typically by the Group Product managers