Proprietor at Accomplished Consultant
Views:3818 Applications:1035 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:350
Brand Manager - FMCG (7-10 yrs)
To conceive, develop and execute successful brand strategies to achieve defined brand objectives and effectively obtain leadership
1. Market Share:
- Delivering on annual Business objectives on market share, sales and volumes for the Brand.
2. Brand Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and Implement local brand & portfolio strategies in line with brand positioning.
- Translate them in terms of defining the objectives, prioritizing the actions, mobilizing the key stake holders to achieve the plan.
- Develop and implement brand promotional activities across various touchpoints.
- Effective and optimum utilization of the monthly budgets
- Constantly monitor competitor's brand strategy and pricing, share the inputs for maintaining competitive advantage.
- Understand and develop consumer behavior and identify insights and trends with respect to the brand. Translate the key findings to formulate strategies and implement the same.
3. Brand Activation:
- Identify and deploy best practices for improved promotional activities.
- Translate the brand strategy into local brand activation/promotional strategy.
- Complete ownership of new promotional ideas and activities to achieve competitive advantage.
- Explore on the ground initiatives and innovations in lines with strategic objectives
- Communication and liasioning with various regions and departments
4. Brand Communication:
- Significant Media Planning and consumer affinity program knowledge
- To have experience in Brand building
- Digital capabilities
- Develop and deliver distinctive communication strategy in line with the brand strategy and positioning.
- Identify and benchmark best practices in communication strategies.
- Maximize return on investment from the budget.
- Drive advertising and event management companies to achieve higher performance for the brand
- Develop established brand properties and events
- Leverage Digital media initiatives to further strengthen the brand activation.
- Develop and source/ replicate merchandising material and promotional material.
5. Consumer Insight and Market Intelligence
- Plan new Product Development, packaging etc through consumer insights derived from market research, competitive mapping and other market intelligence.
- Understand the consumer and shopper behavior to identify trends in the brand.
- Leverage the above results and translate them into action plan to achieve business objectives.
- Use the above insights and explore opportunities to address market needs
- Monitor monthly volume and industry performance
- Be up-to-date on the legislative changes in the state.
- Work with cross functional teams and external associates to ensure quality in execution
- Guide and motivate Regional Marketing Manager and his team for high performance of relevant brands budget
- Efficiency in budgets
- Negotiation skills
- Marketing - Regional Marketing Team
- Sales - Key Accounts Team
- Brand Company team
- Brand Ambassador and agencies
- Opinion Leaders
- Marketing agencies - Advertising, Media, Public Relations and Event Management
- Market Research Agency
- Merchandising Company - Suppliers and Vendors
KEY PERFORMANCE INDEX
- Brand A:
- Volume target: C/s
- CAAP target: Crs.
- Market Share %:
- Media understanding
- Digital media
- New Product Development
- Launch of new packaging
- Volume vs. Industry Performance
- Utilisation of marketing budget as per monthly phasing
- Post Graduate in Marketing Management from a Premier B School
EXPERIENCE:(Please specify in case there are any preferred industries):
- 7-10 Years of total experience with minimum 4 years of experience as Brand Manager.
- Prior work experience with FMCG Industry is mandatory
- Experience of independently managing a Product/ brand Portfolio or a business line to generate top line growth and drive cost efficiency
- Should have experience in managing brand activity in the Digital Space
- 1-2 Years of sales experience would be a great plus
- Strong in Ideation, Strategic thinking and ability to execute tasks independently
- Preferred Industries - Premium PR brands internationally/premium brands in other liquor companies/premium hotels/premium tobacco/premium credit cards or other lifestyle brands
- Very strong communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Creative sensibilities
- Strong focus on prioritization - Identifies critical activities to reach his/her goal and eliminates roadblocks
- Action and result oriented - Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Accountability and Self Direction
- Passionate and enthusiastic
Competency Name Comments
Strategic Vision - Proactively participate in projects that involve change.
- Translates objectives into tactical action plan.
- Understand various business areas and functions at PR, and effectively builds internal relationship as well as external.
Entrepreneurship - Propose new ideas, methods on improving the brand performance.
- With a positive attitude encourages team to support an idea/project.
- Influences others to gain support for an idea or cause
Result orientation - Assigns tasks and accountabilities to the relevant individuals for achieving results.
- Composed and works towards achieving individual goals with high performance standards in challenging environment.
- Displays a sense of urgency in accomplishing goals and takes corrective actions to ensure results
- Achieves own individual objectives, applying professional excellence standards and delivers high quality work
Live The values - Maintain highest level of professional standard that are aligned with PR's values, ethics and charter.
- Committed to CSR; encourages and establishes an environment of mutual trust by honest, straight forward and transparent communication within the team.
- Establishes a mutual trust environment by communicating in an honest, straight forward and transparent manner with colleagues at all levels
- Displays enthusiasm and values the contribution of each employee to the
success of the Pernod Ricard
People Development - Give continuous feedback and encourage people to work outside their comfort zone and work as a mentor/coach.
- Educates himself/herself on the PR's resources and processes.
Team Management - Inspire team members to take decision and guide, support them.
- Encourages teamwork and facilitates the process of effective decision making amongst the team members.
Competency Name Comments
Analytical Skills - Translate complex data/information into clear insights.
- Propose alternative, draw articulated conclusion and build comprehensive action plan to have decisive impact on the organization.
Innovation - Translate consumer insight and business trends into - innovation projects- to align with brand strategy.
- Co-ordinate across departments to deliver the - innovation project-
- Define KPI's and analyse the ROI to assess the performance of the - innovation project- .
Project Management - Ability to plan and organize complex and diverse tasks into small projects.
- Sell these projects to the stakeholders.
- Set KPI's and monitor timelines, costs and project risks.
Brand Leadership - Advocates and persuades the brand vision and crusade.
- Develops and validates the same for the local and regional brands, drawing on brand, consumer and market understanding in line with the Brand owner.
Creativity - Ability to explore and generate new ideas to resolve problems and give a new perspective.
- Encourage creativity and champion new ideas and bring them to life by taking calculate risks.
Business Acumen - Demonstrate good understanding of business environment, PR's financial terms.
- Manage the A&P budget efficiently.
- Analyze relevant business criteria to define corrective action plans.
- Understand how P&L lever optimizes business performance.
Relationship Building - Proactively communicate across departments and external stakeholders.
- Identify potential conflicts and resolves it.
- Proficient in dealing with people across levels as well as external stakeholders.