Branch Manager - Sales - Agri (2-5 yrs)
Role: Branch Manager
Location- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- We are a leading food and agri-business, supplying food ingredients, feed and fibre to thousands of customers worldwide, ranging from multi-national organizations with world famous brands to small family run businesses.
- Established in 1989, we are listed on the Singapore Exchange. Our team of 87,600 full-time, seasonal, and contract employees have built leadership positions in many of our businesses such as Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Nuts and Spices. Our 6 values shape our actions towards our work, our customers, our suppliers, each other and our culture.
- As well as growing crops in our own orchards and estates, and sourcing from around 5 million farmers globally, we operate over 180 processing facilities, and through our 14 innovation centres, we develop ingredients and find solutions for our customers. We also provide support services including risk management solutions and logistics and infrastructure. Through our Packaged Foods Business, we market our own brands directly to consumers in Africa.
- We're seeking a qualified business development specialist to discovery and explore new and untapped business opportunities in existing and new businesses in Vietnam. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help build business. Highly skilled at sales and business operations, this person will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision.
- The primary objective is to identify new business opportunities, new markets, new partnerships, new ways to reach existing markets, or new product or service offerings to better meet the needs of existing markets.
Business strategy :
- Know the customer: Deeply understand customer behavior, develop new customer insights
- Own the business: Co-own and develop the business model, understand where opportunities are and create a viable business to service them
- Know the market: Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, find opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
- Know the competition: Understand on-line and off-line players. Ensure Olam selection stays well ahead of the competition
- Influence the leadership: Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required
Market Understanding :
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the market - short term and long term trends
- Have an in depth knowledge of competition and vendor and ability to influence the market
- Develop and implement industry best practices. move the industry with you!
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships.
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets.
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals.
- Develop strategies and positions by analyzing new venture integration.
- Motivate the team, track performance, and report metrics
- MBA from a premium B or Ivy League school with Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, commerce, engineering or related disciplines
- 2-6 years relevant Sales, Strategic and Business Development exp.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Capacity to get things done at short notice while collecting information from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.