Bonito Designs - Program Manager - Operations Team (4-10 yrs)
About the Industry:
- The interior design market in India is large (4 lac homes delivered in top 8 cities annually) and fragmented (~95% unstructured), with a very low customer satisfaction level, and an increasing demand for personalized and well-designed interiors. Also, being a labour intensive market, there are large inefficiencies, and scope for high margins through standardization of design and product, which makes it a very attractive category for building a scalable and profitable brand.
About the company :
Bonito Designs was started in 2012, and has built a very strong brand in the interior design space, reflected in the popularity of its YouTube channel, which is the third largest in the category globally (450k+ subscribers, 70m+ lifetime views). They have designed over 1500 homes till date, and have scaled from an annualised run-rate (ARR) of 10 Cr in Mar - 19 to ARR of 80 Cr in Sep - 20, on track to achieve EBITDA profitability in the next few months, in Bangalore. During Covid times too, the organisation has grown significantly, demonstrating the most efficient capital consumption to growth story and the lowest cash burn to revenue ratio in the organized online interiors space. Founders have built a very strong leadership team with an exceptional design head with a strong international experience and great talent across Marketing, Sales & Supply Chain, leading a team of over 240 people.
Bonito has been funded by Tomorrow Capital - an early stage strategic investment fund. With the business stabilizing in Bangalore, Bonito will expand into Mumbai next, where we believe there is a significant headroom for growth on account of possible large development tie-ups. The experienced team of Bonito is well poised for exponential growth and will be raising their next round of funding by 2021.
About the role :
- Operations is the engine behind the machine, where the process of converting a signed-off design to the home of someone's dream home happens. It involves a complex mechanism of managing in-house team, vendor partners, warehouses, manufacturing partners and on-site contractors. Managing this complex dance between moving pieces is one of the most important roles in the organisation.
- As Program Manager in the Operations team, you will be in charge of streamlining this process and making sure that is runs like a machine. You will be in charge of mapping the process at an individual site level and developing strong data systems to bring ensure transparency of progress. The role reports into the Head of Ops.
What you will do :
- Build robust MIS systems to ensure site-level tracking and transparency
- Create various algorithms and suggest tech options for collecting and optimizing data
- Data analysis and solution building based on insights capture from data
- Help in running organisational reviews for the ops team and track performance
- Develop deep insights on organisational processes and suggest improvement to the same
- Responsible for giving insights to management and help in strategic planning
What you will need :
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Persistence in sticking to and solving complex problems
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and get buy-in for solutions
- Experience of analytic environments and tools, for both structured and unstructured data
- Knowledge of statistical tools like R, SAS along with MySQL & Matlab is preferred