TA Team at BlackRock
Views:1024 Applications:145 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
BlackRock - Vice President - Software Engineering Lead - Digital Wealth Vertical (12-18 yrs)
About BlackRock :
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
About BlackRock :
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock's Digital Wealth organization is at the center of cutting-edge technologies that serve financial advisors and investors. Digital Wealth consolidates BlackRock's varying products, including iRetire, FutureAdvisor, and Aladdin Risk for Wealth, with marketing and sales teams -- with the goal of improving the user experience of its technology products and improving relationships with the advisors who use it.
This position requires solid technical leadership, direct/indirect people management, hands-on programming, creative problem solving, strong cross-team collaboration, and an enthusiasm for learning. In this role you will partner with other high-caliber software engineers to enhance and maintain existing and next-generation services and applications.
- Provides leadership and guidance on issues of critical importance to achieving business objectives. Leads teams to produce high-quality results on time.
- Managing and influencing development across teams including teams distributed globally.
- Designing, coding, testing, and supporting reliable, robust software applications and services with high-quality standards.
- Participating actively in cross-functional feature requirements gathering, design, and implementation.
- Collaborating with product management on the right units of work to include in each development sprint.
- Performing deep code reviews and providing timely feedback to other engineers.
- Mentoring junior members of the engineering team on the latest technologies and best practices.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience in an Agile SDLC.
- 4+ years building and supporting back-end services with non-trivial scaling needs.
- 4+ years of exposure to service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Expert object oriented programming knowledge along with good understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- 12+ years experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Passion for finance and knowledge of the portfolio management space.
- Experience working with financial products and market data is a big plus.