BlackRock - Associate - Fund Accounting - NAV Reporting (5-10 yrs)
The purpose of the GFS Alts Team is to act as the interface between the funds- investment professionals, investors, and external contacts, such as accounting outsource providers, auditors, tax professionals, and third party distributors, etc. for BlackRock's alternative funds platform. The GFS Alts India Team will focus on adding value by resolving issues and providing product oversight and coordination of Administrators for many of our funds, which can invest in private investments, including fund of PE funds and/ direct private equity co-investments.
- Follow the team's effective control environment to ensure adherence to established accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify risk and escalate in a timely manner. Proactively identify and recommend improvements to internal and external controls and processes.
- Review of Monthly NAV Calculations produced by an external Fund Administrator including performance fees and/or waterfalls, capital accounts where applicable and expense and budget reviews
- Creating and maintaining performance fee, waterfall and rebalancing models
- Meeting client reporting needs and responding to ad-hoc requirements
- Build strong relationships with all Business Operations and BLK teams as needed, including but not limited to, Financial Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, Portfolio Management, Global Client and Sales Support Group, Asset Management, Information Systems, Marketing, Risk Management, Trade Operations, Transfer Agency Oversight and Legal to effectively deliver on the business's evolving data and accounting needs on an ad hoc and recurring basis.
- Participate in the review of interim and year end financial statements. Work with the Financial Reporting team and external auditors for the audit process to ensure accurate and timely delivery of audited financial statements.
- Work closely with the Transfer Agency Oversight team for the investor level related allocations and issues arising.
- Manage the expenses payment to third party vendors through the centralised Vendor Invoice Management system.
- Participate in projects on the Alternative products such as fund launches, closures, mergers or regulatory change, contributing from an Accounting perspective and working closely with the Strategic Product Management or other groups to deliver these projects cleanly.
- Managing the Service Provider relationships to ensure robust and effective delivery on all aspects of the product
- Review of KPIs and attendance at Monthly Service Review Group meetings
- Carry out annual Health Checks on Service Providers and identify and process or control issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 5-8 years related experience;
- Private Equity Investment accounting experience a plus
- A diverse knowledge of alternative investment products, including single manager hedge funds, structured products, private equity funds and complex capital and investment structures
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and oral);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Knowledge of Microsoft Word;
- Ability to prioritize and juggle workload, strong analytical/problem solving skills w/ attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills; always needs to be aware of deadlines and effectively plan to ensure that all are met.
- Ability to be a team player and maintain good working relationships with all contacts.
- Strong skills and experience in data management
- Ability to evaluate multiple processes and develop a plan to migrate those processes to India with minimal disruption to services
- Demonstrated ability to communicate within BlackRock, both locally and across geographies
- Ability to build relationship with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment (not only within the India team but also across various Alts operating teams)