TA at BlackBuck.com
Views:8055 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
BlackBuck - Principal Data Scientist - Marketplace Management (9-18 yrs)
About BlackBuck :
BlackBuck marks the beginning of a new path in trucking. A path that is organized and makes trucking simple for every shipper and trucker.
Founded in 2015, BlackBuck has been a pioneer in bringing the offline operations of trucking online, be it matching a shipper with a trucker or reshaping the infrastructure around trucking to facilitate payments, insurance and financial services. We at BlackBuck are committed to making it easier for millions of truckers to book a load and move at capacity, and enable shippers of all sizes to have access to the right truck, at the right time for the right price - all at a click of a button.
Today, BlackBuck is India's largest trucking network, and our robust - Freight- and - Services- technology platforms deliver reliability, efficiency and seamless experience for shippers and truckers.
BlackBuck has over 300,000 audited and verified trucks empanelled on the platform, operating pan India in over 2000 villages and industrial hubs. Currently, BlackBuck has over 10,000 onboarded clients including SMEs and large corporates such as Asian Paints, Coca Cola, ITC, Tata Steel and Hindustan Unilever. BlackBuck is a 1400+ strong incredible team of highly energetic, imaginative and aspirational individuals who share a passion of revolutionising trucking globally.
BlackBuck is supported by the best of investors- fraternity that includes Accel Partners, Tiger Global, Flipkart, Apoletto Asia, Sands Capital, IFC and Sequoia Capital. The company has thus far raised over $230 million through multiple rounds of funding. We- ve partnered with the World Bank and the Indian government on key policy initiatives impacting the freight sector. We won - CNBC-TV18 - Young Turks Startup of the Year- award and - Zee Business- Company of the year-Logistics- award in 2018. BlackBuck is also the subject of a - Harvard Business School- case study.
Principal Data Scientist - Marketplace Mgmt
Opportunities and Challenges at Blackbuck:
Blackbuck's vision is to build the world's largest freight network. Towards that goal, the Data Science team at Blackbuck is working on building intelligent systems which ensure that our freight network runs efficiently.
As a principal Data Scientist in the DS MarketPlace team, your primary focus will be conceiving and deploying robust data science constructs, algorithms and decision support systems while ensuring that they create tangible impact in driving both great customer experience for our shippers and compelling truck utilization for our fleet owners.
Marketplace algorithms are inherently hard involving multiple decisions being made individually but impacting each other in complex ways. Few of the core fundamental problems you will be involved in are dynamic pricing, match-making, route optimization, supply availability prediction etc.
Role Definition :
Principal Data Scientists at BlackBuck are recognized as Data Science authorities. They have extensive practical experience gained and answer directly to the senior management of the company. Leadership skills and communication skills are crucial for their work. Seasoned and novice Data Scientists alike turn to them for direction, advice and support as they tackle the challenges that lay before them. This role draws on the knowledge and experience, as well as the big-picture view, to help guide them.
At Blackbuck, data scientists work very closely with our engineering and product team and we ensure that the data science solutions are ingrained into the product. As a senior member of the team, you will be required to play an integral part in this cross-functional effort and generate valuable impact by leveraging data science.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Translate high level business problems into actionable and tangible DS projects
- Actively drive discussions to improve the product by working across teams, especially wherever there are inter-dependencies across teams.
- Influence product requirements & operational plans while working with product managers to estimate and plan projects.
- End-to-end decision support system design and ML API Definitions.
- Instill best practices for ML development and deployment and champion their adoption. Mentor junior scientists on algorithms design and best practices
- Participate and contribute in discussions and decisions for creating and improving architecture across applications
- Write good quality, modular, reusable, performant, well documented, unit-tested code
- Perform code reviews, set coding practices and guidelines within the team.
- Create common libraries & utilities to be used by multiple teams
- B.Tech/M.Tech/PhD in CS/ML/Operations Research with demonstrated experience in ML/Statistics through papers/projects.
- 9+ years of experience as an Individual Contributor at product based companies
- Strong expertise in at least one programming language (Python, C++)
- Experience translating complex business requirements into Decision Support & Intelligent Systems actionables
- Experience leading cross-functional projects across Product and Engineering
- Experience mentoring junior data scientists
- Experience with full life cycle model development and deployments
- Strong communication & leadership skills
- Strong fundamentals across DS techniques; techniques we employ span clustering, compression, classification, matrix factorization, probabilistic graphical models, network algorithms, topic modelling, image processing, deep learning, linear and mixed-integer programming...
If you want to challenge the state of the art and if you are excited by the potential of macro-economic impact that Blackbuck's technological disruption can deliver for India, Blackbuck Data Science team is the place- - for- - you.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.