HR - TAG at BlackBuck
Views:2315 Applications:87 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
BlackBuck - Manager - Ground Operations (5-10 yrs)
Position : Ground Operations Manager
Location : Kandla,Gujarat
Job Description :
Ensuring delivery of superior customer service in allocated region, thereby establishing :
- Blackbuck as the partner of choice for customers.
- Responsible for the entire P&L of the region by :
a. Ensuring order fulfillment within the target prices set by pricing team.
b. Operational efficiency leading to minimal losses at customer/order level
- Ensuring synergy of work and purpose between BD, Pricing and the Operations team
- Building an energized & amp; productive team in the region by appropriate work allocation, training and Reward & Recognition.
- Undertake key strategic initiatives towards betterment of overall operations processes.
The Industry called Trucking
A large share of freight expense of countries across the globe goes into hauling trucks from point to point. The market size worldwide is estimate d to be close to $5 Trillion, making it the largest unorganized industry. Trucking in India is approximately a $130 Billion industry, contributing close to 6% of GDP. The industry is not only plagued by the large set of operating inefficiencies, but also faces numerous infrastructural and execution constraints. Now that's attractive to solve the challenges and capture value!
The Company :
BlackBuck, is an online B2B marketplace platform for freight where shippers and fleet operators can engage seamlessly. BlackBuck's unique marketplace approach is redefining the freight landscape of India by catering to the core economics of the trucking industry and at the same time evolving the ecosystem to execute trucking seamlessly.
The company has over 100,000 audited and verified trucks empanelled on the platform, operating pan India in over 300 locations. Currently, BlackBuck has over 400 delighted clients including SMEs and large corporates like Asian Paints, Coca Cola, ITC, Tata Steel, Hindustan Unilever.
The company's unmatched cutting edge technology creates infinite value and delivers measureable results for shippers and fleet operators.
BlackBuck is supported by the best of investors- fraternity that includes Accel Partners, Apoletto Asia, Flipkart, IFC, Sands Capital and Tiger Global. The company has thus far raised $100 million through three rounds of funding.
BlackBuck was founded in 2015 by Rajesh Yabaji, Ramasubramaniam B and Chanakya Hridaya, with an idea to build an online marketplace platform for freight.
With a 900+ strong incredible team of highly energetic, imaginative and aspirational individuals, BlackBuck is committed to bringing a positive impact across the freight ecosystem that encompasses and stitches together countless livelihoods. The freight sector is poised for a revolutionary growth and BLACKBUCK MARKS THE BEGINNING
The Management Committee
Co-Founder & CEO
- IIT Kharagpur graduate
- Was previously heading the Supply chain division of ITC's Leaf Tobacco Business
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajesh-yabaji-302347a/
Co-Founder & COO - Services Platform
- MBA graduate from IILM Business School
- 18 years of experience in Supply Chain Industry
- Previously was the Managing Director at Miebach (Supply Chain Consulting firm)
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ramasubramanian-b-2a2b99/
Co-Founder & COO - Marketplace & SME Business
- Dual degree in Mechanical Engineering from IIT, Kharagpur
- Was previously heading the Planning vertical of the Supply Chain for ITC's Leaf Tobacco Business
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chanakya-hridaya-44743425/
COO - Freight
- Holds an engineering degree from IIT, Bombay. Also an alumnus of IIM, Kolkata
- 17 years of rich experience in Sales, Marketing and General Management
- Previously held the positions as CEO of Taxi For Sure and as COO of BlueStone
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arvind-singhal-1b02392/
Chief Technology Officer
- IIT Bombay graduate. Also an alumnus of UCLA
- A technology leader with over 17 years of product development and management expertise in Amazon web services, CricHQ, British Telecom and Samsung
- Previously held leadership roles at Walmart Labs, 7 Inc, Amazon, CommonFloor, Oracle and Microsoft
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dineshajmera/
Head - Products
- MBA from Sloan, MIT. Also an alumnus of IIT, Roorke
- 11 years in Amazon web services, CricHQ, British Telecom and Samsung
- Previously was heading Product at Reliance Jio
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vishal-chaturvedi-5808a618/
Head - Human Resources
- Holds an MBA from XLRI Jamshedpur
- Over 14 years of HR leadership experience from companies such as Infosys, Wipro, Aditya Birla Group and CommonFloor
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pandeyshilpi/
BlackBuck has two main business lines:
A platform where Shippers and Fleet Operators sign up to execute freight transactions. BlackBuck's core value proposition for both Shippers and Fleet Operators is - Instant availability, Fair and Transparent Pricing, and Seamless Experience.
- Instant availability: Building managed Demand (from large organized corporates and unorganised fragmented SMEs) and Supply on the platform provides availability on the freight platform
- Fair and Transparent Pricing: Considering the highly dynamic nature of the freight market from a price setting perspective, the ability to price a transaction makes or breaks a freight platform
- Seamless Experience: The need for seamless execution is key for both Shipper and Fleet Operator, since a freight transaction entails several steps including multiple hand-offs, documentation and processes
Services Platform : Platform with host of services and infrastructure around freight, thus making trucking easy and effective
- Services for Fleet Operators catering to all their trucking needs (Fuel, Tyres, Toll, Trip Expenses, Insurance, Lubricants, etc.). The market potential of all trucking supplies in India is ~50 Bn USD and BlackBuck aims to garner a majority share by offering a holistic fleet management solution to the fleet operators
Services for Shippers ranging from documentation tools to enterprise applications, thus enabling them to manage the entire freight operations effortlessly