Co-founder at Bijak
Views:909 Applications:244 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Bijak - Assistant Vice President/Vice President - Agri Grains/Staple Commodities (5-15 yrs)
AVP/VP - Agri Grains/Staple Commodities
About the Company:
Bijak is a B2B online marketplace for suppliers and buyers across India's Agri value chain. Bijak aims to bridge the information asymmetry and lack of accountability in agricultural commodities trading. Since launch, Bijak has expanded across 25 states, 500 regions, and 100+ commodities. We currently have a lean team of 150+ and are growing on a rocket trajectory.
Bijak is backed by well renowned global investors, who have invested across unicorns and have taken companies to IPO globally. Bijak has raised ~$14.5 MN (INR 110 Crores) across two rounds from Sequoia Capital, RTP Global, Omidyar Network, Omnivore Partners, Better Capital, AngelList, and Tempo ventures.
B2B traders, who control 80% of India's USD 300 Bn Agri value chain, have limited access to technology, information, and credit. Bijak helps these customers/MSMEs discover each other along with the counter party's rating so that customers can transact with minimal friction by accessing Bijak's layer of trust & reliability. The suppliers and buyers are not just able to transact or discover each other but are also able to find out meta-data of each other to make a faster & reliable transaction through the online platform.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- We seek a professional with technical knowledge of trade execution practices and procedures associated with grains, non-perishables, and Agri commodities
- Develop Agri-focused strategy & roll out initiatives that help the team achieve monthly targets across regions & states
- Develop and roll out sales training initiatives to help the larger team have a better understanding of our product proposition, and make them able to communicate to our target customers
- Build and maintain relationships with key personnel in Trader Associations, APMC, govt. organizations, suppliers and buyers, etc
- Strong verbal, marketing, and written communications skills
- Creation of manpower plan and drive hiring of right resources in a timely manner through team and HR