Bid Manager - IIT/IIM/NIT/XLRI/FMS (6-10 yrs)
Objectives of this role:
- Leading the end-to-end bid process, including opportunity identification through tender portals
- Developing and executing bid strategies that align with the company's goals and client requirements.
- Develop high quality powerpoint presentations and client submission documents
- Coordinating with various teams, including sales, operations, technical, legal and finance to ensure all aspects of a bid are addressed.
- Managing bidding budgets, resources and timelines to ensure on-time and high-quality proposal submissions.
- Identifying new business opportunities by monitoring public and private sector tender portals.
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate bid documentation, including bid files, records of communication and pricing information.
- Ensuring compliance with, client requirements, regulations and industry standards.
- Monitoring and evaluating bid performance metrics to identify areas for improvement.
Your key tasks:
- Lead and coordinate the entire bid management process, including creating bid project plan, establishing timelines and RASCI matrix
- Develop compelling and persuasive bid content, including standard / corporate responses.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as sales, operations and subject matter experts, cross-functional teams to gather information and draft/ consolidate responses
- Develop compelling collaterals in MS Powerpoint, Word and Excel for client submission.
- Coordinate and facilitate bid review meetings, ensuring key stakeholders provide input and address concerns or issues.
- Coordinate with legal and compliance teams to ensure bid proposals meet all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Secondary research on market, industries, specific logos and key stakeholder profiles.
- Monitor and track bid performance metrics, analysing win/loss data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Conduct post-bid analysis and debrief sessions to identify areas of improvement and implement lessons learned for future bids.
- Continuously refine and improve bid processes, templates and best practices to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stay updated on industry trends, market insights and emerging best practices in bid management.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities through market research, competitor analysis and client needs assessment.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 6-7 years of experience as a bid manager, proposal manager or a similar role
- Experience in managing bids for complex international projects or large-scale contracts
- Demonstrated success in winning bids through effective proposal management.
- Strong understanding of the bid lifecycle, proposal writing, development and contract negotiation.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite - Powerpoint, Word and Excel (any additional experience in designing software like Correl Draw, Adobe will be an added advantage)
- Attention to detail and high accuracy in bid preparation and review.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with cross-functional teams including senior leaders and influence stakeholders at various levels.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Ability to create visually appealing and engaging bid presentations.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple bids simultaneously.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to deal with ambiguous and dynamic situations and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information clearly and persuasively.